Monday, October 12, 2026

NERVOUS, AND A LITTLE TEAR

 


Yesterday I finally did something that has been on my mind for a little while now.

Cleaning out my closet is what started it.

I found a denim jacket that I had bought WAY BACK in 1997, when Stew and I visited my brother Vern, in Singapore.

It was a fantastic trip, and we got to spend three full weeks with Vern, who lived and worked over there.


ABOVE:  Back to the jacket, which I bought at the Hard Rock Cafe in Singapore.  I loved it, but it has NEVER fitted me.  So it has never been worn.  The sleeves were/are just TOO BIG... and it doesn't even fit Stew.

So I got this idea to cut out the LOGO from the back of the jacket, and sew it onto the back of a denim jacket I bought last year in Australia, while visiting my sister Lorraine.

ABOVE: My 'Aussy' jacket, which was blank on the back.

ABOVE:  I felt really nervous cutting into this jacket, it holds such special memories of the only time we visited Vern in Singapore, and it was only about 18 months before he died.  I shed a few tears, then did it.


ABOVE:  Positioning the Logo on the 'new' jacket'.


ABOVE: It took me all of two seconds to decide to use red thread ... and I think it looks awesome.


ABOVE:  I chucked a dress on, to show how I will most likely wear the jacket the most.  
What do you think of it?  Did I do good?

Now I have a very special jacket, because it has memories of my brother Vern, AND my sister Lorraine.  I will never get rid of it.

I am going to use as much of the left over fabric from the Singapore jacket as I can, making myself a bag.  I can use the pockets and so on, on a bag.... it could be fun.

But not today.  Today down in the craft room I shall be getting more placemats done.  I've not finished any of the red/bright circles ones yet.
Market on Saturday, so I better pull finger!
ONWARD...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.