Sunday, October 04, 2026

JUST PUT IT OUT THERE

 

Yesterday when I showed those salt and pepper shakers, and said I wanted some... I KNEW someone would hunt them down for me!

THANK YOU PAULA R from Christchurch... and a couple of other ladies as well.

I now know exactly where to get them:


ABOVE: The only decision now is... which ones? Top ones are from Fishpond.co.nz and the bottom ones are from Fruugo.co.nz. 

You can even get them in coloured glass.  I prefer the clear ones.   I might get both sets, then I can see their size in real life.  Which ever set I choose not to keep can become a gift.  WIN WIN. 

Now what else do I want you to find for me???  😂😅😊  Gotta love my internet friends.  

Now, back to the day.

I am going to crack the whip and get Stew to move things on Crabby Quarter's wall, so the position where the new window will go is clear.

I am 99.9% positive I will get the 'official' go ahead, as the Village Manager simply can't say no,  having already said 'yes' last week.  

AND there has been a precedent set by my other immediate neighbour, who got a new window on a blank brick wall just a month ago.    AND yet another neighbour just in front of our home is also changing his windows to ranch sliders... and getting a new fence too.

So  yeah.... I'm forging ahead with getting our area ready.

That will take up a little bit of time, as I might need to take all the fabric strips off the backing so Stew can move it.  Also, the shelf with the big roll of batting has to be moved as well.  Stew loves me, he really does.  lol

I'm sure he is hoping I don't come up with any more bright ideas.

Can you have too many clothes?  I don't think so!

But in saying that, my wardrobe is NOT big enough, so I am going out to get myself a cheapish tall boy (drawers) to hold all my sweatshirts etc.  They are all piled up in big boxes in the bottom of my wardrobe right now... and there's even more on the top shelves that I can't even reach.

I am annoyed because we 'got rid' of at least two sets of drawers when we moved here, thinking we didn't need them.  Bugger.  

So, I am going to check out, online, what's available and then go get some.

ONWARD...

Success! We looked in about 6 different shops at bedroom drawers and finally found the perfect thing. So happy with it, but have to wait till next weekend before its here, assembled and in place.

STORAGE... is incredibly lacking in our little home. The garage is fully utilized for my sewing stuff. There is nowhere else to store summer or winter clothes not in use. I will be doing a sort out during the week and getting rid of anything I don't still fit or want. But I still need more storage, hence what we bought today. And I'm not gunna show you until its in our room. 

ABOVE: And there we are... the fabric board has moved over, and the window will go above my sewing deck.

We decided not to move the high shelf right now, as it might not even need to be moved.

Another good job done.  And now.. taking a break.  Stew is thrilled to bits, he is now watching rugby in peace.

4 - 6 I lay on our bed and just relaxed.  Might have nodded off for a minute too.  BLISS.

Then Stew and I went for a walk up the hill and visited some friends in the village for a little while. Then we continued our walk for a bit longer before coming home.

Stew is going to cook up some bacon and whatever for our dinner.

I've got my sewing trolley loaded up, ready for tomorrow's craft group.  One less thing to do in the morning.

Time to sign off for the day, catch ya tomorrow.

8 comments:

  1. Goodness sake... you are losing weight and will be getting rid of clothes. Don't buy more storage... get rid of stuff. I watched a video the other day about this exact thing which said if you need to buy more storage, you have too much stuff. Put winter clothes into garage storage (or somewhere, under the bed or wherever) and just have summer stuff out for now. I switch my entire wardrobe around between summer and winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:59 AM

    100% agree. If you swap between summer and winter clothes, they seem new each time. Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  3. A window in your sewing area will be so nice. I just love sitting in the window in my sewing room that looks out onto the road.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:30 PM

    You could take your excess clothes to the village clothes swap?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, anything with life left in it will be going there.

      Delete
  5. Anonymous3:42 PM

    A window sounds like a really good idea, but if it is above your sewing desk will you get sun in your face and eyes?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous3:55 PM

    I can imagine the look of achievement on Stews face. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous6:29 PM

    A quick catch up and hello from dogstars

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.