Top of my 'to do' list today?
Go to the Drs and get an appointment for this week. I should have done it yesterday, but forgot.
I have to go every month to renew my WEGOVY prescription.
I still don't feel like it's doing a bloody thing for me... any weight loss up to now is due to my sheer will power. Of that I am 100% certain.
It has been hard. And frustrating. I want the money I'm spending to feel like it's NOT being wasted. It sure feels like that right now.
Maybe with the next dose, which will be 1.0 mgs, I will start to get some effect from it?
In the meantime....
ABOVE: I am ONE KILO away from my lightest weight in almost 8 years. While that feels good, it's not where I want to be at the end of the day.
Minus THREE kilos from now, I will hit a magical number for me... I can almost see me getting there now.
I have decided, upon advice, to attend today's Coffee & Chat. Not because I necessarily want to, but because I don't want anyone to know how much last week's 'racist fiasco' upset me. I can attend a few times and if things are no nicer, I will slowly back out of them.
I'm going to give it a last chance. If something is said that is upsetting, I can just exit the room. Simple.
While I am at C & C, Lacy will be here doing some housework for me. Just the basics that I hate doing... vacuuming, washing floors and the like.
After lunch I am joining a group of ladies from here and we are going on an 'Op Shop Hop', which means we will be visiting several Hamilton Op Shops. I think I'm looking forward to that. Not sure. It's an outing if nothing else.
ABOVE: I walk around my house holding this wooden measuring ruler. Any guesses why???
ONWARD...
9 am. I went down to the medical centre to get an appointment. NONE available across all the Tui Clinics this week, except ONE for this afternoon. So I took it, as I need my prescription before Friday. Lesson learnt, make your appointment at least 2-3 weeks ahead of time. If I'd wanted, I could have sat in their A & E department for 2+ hours and paid $150 to see a Dr today. For a PRESCRIPTION. Like... that wasn't happening.
So, as a consequence, I'm having to back out of the Op Shop Hop trip. Grrrr.
Let's look at the positives, I can sew today after all.
11.30 and I'm home from C & C, which went very well! I was happy with the groups conversations today, and I even got a word in. JJ (Jabber Jaws) was there, and for once she didn't totally dominate the conversation.
Lacy is running late today, so I have no idea when she's going to be here.
I see no one is game enough to guess why I walk around with the wooden ruler. Oh well... I might tell you eventually.
For now, I've just had an early lunch, and will go into Crabby Quarters and get some work done.
4.05 pm, and I've been to the Dr's to get my next WEGOVY prescription. Then picked up said drug and came home.
While I was out, I made an appointment for in a month's time, so I don't have to worry about not getting one in time.
I hate to think what happens if you are actually SICK and can't get in to see a Doctor when you need to! I suppose you just have to line up and wait at the A & E for hours, and pay through the nose. UNLESS you go to the hospital, where it's free.... and you could sit and wait hours and hours and drop dead in the toilet. THAT has happened recently here in the Waikato!
Our health system is totally fucked up. And it is down to MONEY. Not enough nurses or doctors being employed to cover the health needs of people in this country. I know it's a universal problem of course... but it is just so sad. And wrong.
RANT OVER.
Before going out, I did get some sewing done. Nothing is finished yet... I tend to do placemats in 'batches' of 6. So the next 6 will be done tomorrow all going well.
I have decided not to attend the WW meeting this evening. I'm just so cold, the thought of sitting in the large empty school hall, freezing my buns off for an hour.... NO THANKS.
6.45 pm, and because I didn't go to WW, I ended up going with Stew for his walk. We knocked out the 2.6 kms in 30 minutes, so a good pace considering we have 'the hill' to get up right at the beginning. Tonight I was yakking to Stew all the way up the hill and got to the top still talking! That's progress for ya. When I first started going up that hill I was gasping for breath by the time I got to the top.
And by the way, it's not a very long hill, just a bit steep.
Time to sign off... OH NO! Hold on.
I need to explain the wooden ruler.
Yes, it is all about COCO.
She is very deaf and her sight isn't that good either.
So she walks in front of us when we are moving through the house, or she stands right smack bang behind you when you stop, then when you turn around she doesn't move.
She has tripped me up once too often, so now I walk holding on the the ruler and she gets a tap if she doesn't move!
The other day I started using the ruler and tapped her ONCE and since then? She keeps right away from me. I don't even have to be holding the ruler.
Poor girl, she didn't like being tapped with the ruler obviously.
All good as far as I'm concerned. I'm sick of falling over her. It's lucky I've not been hurt, or worse still, landed on top of her and injured her.
So there ya go. Have wooden ruler... no more accidents.




The op shop hop sounds fun! Bet you bring some goodies home lol
ReplyDeleteHope the CandC is more pleasant than the last one. Enjoy the Op Shop hop. It sounds like a lot of fun.
ReplyDeleteThe Dr should be able to give you the scripts all in advance rather than going every month that is ridiculous....Peta
ReplyDeleteJust some encouragement I started at 267 lbs about two years ago. I am presently at 185. My journey has been slow as molasses in January ( your June). Hang in there chickey you can do this, I know you can.
ReplyDeleteYou are certainly looking a lot thinner especially in the face
ReplyDeleteIs the ruler so you can hit Stu instead of stabbing him ?
OMG what an excellent idea 🤣😅😂. But no, its not for hitting Stew... you are on the right track though!
DeleteTo swat any wee spiders that may be on the move 🤗
ReplyDeleteYou’re doing well Chris and looking healthy that’s gotta be good news 🥝☕️💯🏉
What furniture are you going ,to move today or picture on a wall that needs moving
ReplyDeleteNope I'm not doing any of that chick.
Deletehi Chris, probably not ideal news, but my friend is on WEGOVY, lost 3 kilos in 2 weeks, sigh. But she's also fanatical with calorie counting --- Christy in Sydney
ReplyDeleteMy guess for the ruler is to measure something to see if it fits or can be fitted into when you rearrange a room or 3 for the 97rh time 😂😂
ReplyDeleteYes Chris our health system really is dire. Has the ruler/stick got anything to do with Coco?
ReplyDeleteBloody hell you are one clever tart! I will do an explanation after I finish sewing for the day. 😉
Delete😍! Can't wait to see what trouble she is causing!!
DeleteYou look like our headmaster, about to whack a bottom 😂😂
ReplyDeleteSnookie does that to me too. I said who is going to feed you if you kill me by tripping me and Scott said he'll just put her in the hole with me. Sheesh! lol
ReplyDelete