Tuesday, July 09, 2013

BEX FINALLY DID IT!

I have always made Steve's lunch when I was making Brylee and Griffin's in the mornings.

Now that Steve is leaving home much earlier, I am not making his lunch.

I suggested Bex make him lunch in the evening and then he has food while on the job.
She was like: "Like hell, he's 26 years old and can make his own".

Well ... I pointed out that he probably wouldn't make his own, and would starve!  And how I couldn't bear the thought of him starving... *sob, sniffle*...  So guess what she did last night???


I'm a bit surprised I managed to guilt her into making him lunch!  She's been so adamant he was big enough to look after himself.  AND he is of course.  But I know him.  If he doesn't have an opportunity to buy some lunch, and he ain't got some from home, HE WILL STARVE all day, just like he did yesterday.

And that just upsets me.   SO, thanks Bex for looking after my boy so well.

Getting the crock pot out today... and am making Split Green Pea and Ham soup for dinner.  Yummy.  

I am not sure if I will go to the Hospice Shop today, I'm still full of the cold.... snot/sneezing/clogged sinuses... bla.  I will have to make up my mind soon so I can let the Boss Deb know if I'm not going in.

What else?  Lacy is coming over this morning I think.  That's nice.

ONWARD...

Nah... I will never cut the 'apron strings'... cos I'm a MUM first and foremost.  It's just how I roll.

I went back to bed once the kids left for school, had about an hour and a half nap, and now feel much better.

Lacy arrived all red and puffed, it's a long walk from her house to mine, with the 'hill from hell' thrown in too.

She too has the cold... it's almost been around our entire Auckland family now.

Most days I try on quite a few clothes before settling on what to wear for the day.
I am coming to the end of options with my 'BIG' girl clothes!

The tights I've been wearing are now far too big, and the smaller ones ... well they are still a bit too small.  Yikes!  Impasse.

I don't want to buy 'in between' anything.

ANON 1:  Thanks for the three comments, and don't worry, no one took offence.

ANON 2:  Up yours... arsehole. Love from Chris H and BEX.

Right.  I'm back from the Hospice Shop.  I left an hour early as I was FREEZING.  I bought two cardigans today.

While I was down at Manukau, Lacy and Bex went to our little local Hospice Shop and did some shopping:






Dinner is smelling amazing... just what I feel like too... a hot winter soup.  

End of Day:  well... I've done bugger all tonight! Still feel like crap, so don't like having a cold.
Hopefully I'll be over it in a day or two... I can't actually remember how long the others were miserable for.  
nite nite

15 comments:

  1. Awwwwww no now we can't have that Samuel makes up 90% of his lunch the night before then only has to do sandwich/buns in morning, he does fruit cheese crackers bars etc Steve could do that surely? mini pies, bacon and egg slice mini quiches? might be Bex's domain home baking any leftovers from dinner? Can't have a hard physical done right on an empty tummy. How did the first day go?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:39 AM

    Um time to cut the Apron strings maybe? He will starve, really!! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:44 AM

    Um time to cut the apron strings maybe? He will starve, really?? Maybe Bex has the tough approach that's needed lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:12 AM

    I know and I was just teasing and I am sorry it commented twice, bloody technology!! You are a great Mum Chris and it obviously brings you a lot of joy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:47 AM

    2 babies. Lucky Bex.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:39 PM

    haha you can see why bex gave in

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love savoury muffins !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous1:30 PM

    Just wanted to leave a quick comment as I have been reading for a while now and very much enjoy the stories of your extended family! You must have such a warm, welcoming home.

    Many congrats on the weight loss - you look fantastic, and I can't believe how long your hair is. It looked amazing with all the curls!

    I too have lost some weight and am at the between stage where my big clothes are too big, but all the smaller ones I have are too small. I caved in the other day and bought a couple of pairs of trousers/jeans and some work tops as I was sick of looking like a bag lady!! Once I lose another 5-8kgs, I hope to start to fit into my smaller wardrobe.

    Cheers, Liz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous1:54 PM

    It is good to see bex taking care of her man. Who brings in the money.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am sure Steve is more than capable of making his own lunch, however, I also do not see anything wrong with getting his made for him either. I take my husband breakfast each morning on my way to work, he is also capable of making it himself - and if he complains he knows that is exactly what he can do.

    Bex can use this opportunity to slip wee notes in with his lunch:-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Paula2:41 PM

    My hubby works to put food on the table and the least I can do is pack a lunch for him, I'm home with kids and I consider it part of my job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lorraine H.3:01 PM

    Way to go Bex.You have found the way to a Man's heart(through his stomach)Good on you for making yummy things for Steve's lunch.He will appreciate the effort you are doing for him.
    Hope you are feeling better Chris.

    Southgirl xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. How is Steve liking his new job No doubt he will be pleased to see Friday night

    ReplyDelete
  14. Funny how men starve and women just go find food ;)

    Maybe you can pick up a few things at the hospice shop for yourself. That's what I did!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think I would like some of your split pea and bacon soup. We don't have bacon hocks like that here.

    ndwag 2367
    rdasyst 20

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.