Friday, August 28, 2026

NEW DOSE TONIGHT

 

Today I'm thinking about my next WEGOVY injection.  Stew will give it to me this evening, and today I go 'up' a dose.  From .25 mgs to .50 mgs.

This is the dosing schedule:

ABOVE: For some reason I thought there was only 4 dosages, but nope, there's 5.  I sure in hell hope it starts making a difference soon!  

Fingers crossed it doesn't cause any side effects, so far I've had ZERO.

I'm going down to the craft room this morning to join the other 2-3 ladies who usually are there on a Friday.  I will probably get the binding on the last two big green Braid Runners while down there.  We will see.  

After that, I plan on making a GREY Braid Runner.  I've certainly not got one of those, and it will make a nice change.  

ONWARD...

2.30 pm.  I spent about 4 hours down in the craft room with Margaret and Loretta, we enjoyed each other's company, and got lots done.


ABOVE: Thanks Dogstar for saying I should be in my finished runner photos!  I didn't even think of it until you suggested it.  I got the step stool and BOOM.  That worked.  No more runners lying on the floor or having Stew hold them up.

So those are the two big Green Kiwiana Braid Runners I got finished today.

I also got the top of a grey/black one done, and I might even get it finished by the end of the day.

Lacy came around at my request, and has given Coco a bath, and is now washing my car.  There's so much pollen in the air right now, my car is covered in it!  

Thank goodness for Lacy eh?  She does those jobs I find a pain in the proverbial.

After Lacy had done her jobs, we wandered down to the Craft Room to pick up my iron, it was too hot to bring home earlier.

On our way back, we stopped in at the 'Recycled Clothing' room, where residents can donate clothes they no longer want.  Then other residents are welcome to help themselves to anything they can use.  Lacy was given permission to help herself too, by the organiser of said clothing room.

Lacy was like, hell no, there will be nothing there I will want, old people clothes!

Funny.  She left with two new t-shirts, two dressier shirts and an almost brand new black Dickey Jacket.  Label even!  And not 'old person fuddy duddy' at all!  She was rather surprised I think.

She has now left, and I'm taking time out till I feel like sewing again.

7.20 pm, and I've just finished putting the border on that GREY runner.  And tomorrow I will do the quilting and binding.  There is no way I'm up for doing it tonight.

Stew is reading up on how to do the WEGOVY jabby jab, it's a bigger pen.  I hope the needle isn't bigger too!!!

Huge relief, it was the same needle ... very fine.  I didn't feel a thing.  OMG I hope this larger dose works.  

Did I tell you?  NO... I GAINED .400 grams this week.  WTF?  I have NOT been overeating.  

Moving on, looking forward to a quiet evening.

Catch ya tomorrow. 

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:28 AM

    At least the Wegovy will be working for your diabetes, I took up to 1mg Ozempic the same drug as Wegovy for 18 months and no weight loss or appetite suppression at all...when you get to 1.7 and 2.4 that is probably more a weight suppression dose...there is actually a 7.2 dose out now as well...for me Mounjaro does work for appetite suppression even starting at the lower doses...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see the GREY runner. Different.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice good score Lacy.

    I like those greens and yes I think the grey will look good.
    I’m winging my way to akld now at 4pm can’t wait.

    Son time sports time good time oh and I’m helping move 1 large vedroom and furniture in there etc.
    And helping move 1 house !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:57 PM

    Love the runner. Sounds like Lacy got some great items! Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cross fingers that darn injection works for you this week and you Lose!! Bet when it really kicks in you lose loads of kilos and you'll be writing 'WTF can't belive how much I lost this week'. It's gonna happen!!!
    Love those huge kiwiana runners, specially when you're holding them up!
    Lucky Lacy. What a haul

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.