We have decided to go on a little day trip today.
Possibly Raglan or Thames.
And today I will be having my one and only 'cheat' meal in over two weeks.
OMG I am so looking forward to it. I will still be careful, and mindful of what I'm eating, but it won't be just fruit, or a salad, or an Optifast.
It is probably going to rain today, so there might not be a walk on the beach, but it will still be lovely I'm sure.
It will also be a day I don't do any sewing, cos I really want a break from Crabby Quarters. I may love sewing, but NOT every single day.
ONWARD...
ABOVE: well it's not the beach!
We have ended up at Lake Ohakuri, my favourite lake in the North Island. My home during my mid to late teens was just up the road from here.
It's been a lovely litle trip down here today.
We are now heading home, with a stop in Tirau for the much anticipated lunch.
ABOVE: Seems we stopped for some shopping. Got a Christmas present for someone. Tick tick.
ABOVE: Ohakuri Dam was opened in 1961, and my Grandfather (Paternal side) most likely worked on it as a civil engineer.
ABOVE: Stew had their 'Big Breakfast', and I can honestly say I've never seen such an AMAZING breakfast! It had everything and MORE. He thoroughly enjoyed it. I was a little bit envious, but knew there was no way I could eat all that.
ABOVE: After dreaming of having a 'naughty-ish' meal, I ended up having a Lamb Salad, which was pretty much exactly what I would have had at home. lol













Enjoy your day.
ReplyDeleteLovely photos of your day.
ReplyDeleteThose lunch pics looked delicious!
I love that jacket it’s sooooo nice.
What a lovely day you two have had ,and thanks for sharing ,all the photos nice ones of you both especially the last photo of you with your Mum and Dads headstone π
ReplyDeleteWhat’s a fabulous pic of Ohakuri Dam
Such a cool relaxing spot and water colours are amazing.
Stews meal looks fantastic for a guys meal,,, but must say you did well with the Lamb ,,,my choice exactly ,
You’re doing so well Chris
Kudos to you ..
Drizzling here today so having a non adventurous day at home all of us pottering around on different things .
πΈπ―ππ️π₯☕️πΆ
Cheers π₯
P.S love that shirt of Stews as well.
ReplyDeleteCheers π₯
Great photos of the lake and the dam. Love stopping in Tirau when passing through. Nice to have a photo with the new headstone which looks great.
ReplyDeleteYour lamb salad look yummy...we've had bitter cold rain off and on most of the day, its only 3 degrees at 7pm so pretty sure its not gonna get any warmer today lol.
ReplyDeleteHi, did you find out how long it to for the stall holder to lose weight with Wegovy....Peta
ReplyDeleteYes I did. It took him a year to lose about half his body weight. He is now slowly weaning down from the highest dose to the lowest dose, which is what I will do too. I am sure I won't take a year to lose what I want to lose. He didn't really have any tips or insight into what works best... basically just being careful with your food choices and portion sizes. Which is rather standard when wanting to lose weight, and maintain the loss.
DeleteLooks like a perfect Sunday
ReplyDelete