I am so happy today.
After several months of hassles and expense (for me), something is finally DONE.
My Dad's headstone was taken from the Tokoroa cemetery a few weeks ago, and had additional inscriptions added, to include my Mum and Sister.
My sister's ashes will be interred with my Dad's next week, and the unveiling of the new headstone will also happen next week.
I interred some special keepsakes of my Mum a few years ago, so that some of 'her' is there with my Dad as well.
The stonemasons sent me a photo of the new headstone, after it was returned to the cemetery yesterday. I am very happy with it, it looks FANTASTIC! It will be nice to see it in person next week.
It's been a process I hope to never have to do again. *My name, birth and death dates can be put there as a separate little plaque, when the time comes. I'm aiming for another 20 years yet! With any luck. (Bearing in mind Stew and I will be buried in Hamilton.)
Today.... I will work on Fish Runner #3 (in this run). I would LOVE to get it finished before the Tamahere Market this coming Saturday.
ONWARD...
11.50 am. What a lovely morning I have had. I got up, did the housework then wandered down to the Community Centre for the monthly Residents Morning Tea. And I sat there and yakked, and didn't eat any of the lovely food on offer. It wasn't even hard to do. My resolve is holding so well... I'm really impressed with myself. 😂😅
After morning tea I went out and filled up my car, it was flashing EMPTY. Then bought some more grapes from the supermarket, they had gone down in price, which was good. Last week we paid about $19 for a bag full. Today they were only $9. I eat grapes when I am craving something sweet.
Which is quite often it would appear. lol
I'm going to have left over chicken for my lunch, then head into Crabby Quarters to do some work.
It is now 3.45 pm, and I've been sewing for a few hours. I've had to stop as I'm kinda chilled to the bone. It's not warm in Crabby Quarters!
I have managed to stitch around three fish...
ABOVE: Those two, and another 'Finley', who I've shown before, so won't bother showing him again.
I have a little seahorse to do next, then it's on to bubbles and weed etc. I do believe this runner will get finished tomorrow. Certainly not today.
I am taking a well earned 'get warm again' break!
Ha! I just noticed the bottom fish hasn't got it's mouth on yet. Whoops. I'll add that tomorrow.
8.10 pm, and another nice day done and dusted.
Not much else is happening around here tonight.
I'll stay up to watch Coronation Street, then off to bed I will go.
Catch ya tomorrow.




A quick hello.
ReplyDeleteGo you for not being tempted with morning tea. Love the colours in the unhappy fish
ReplyDeleteSome peace of mind with your pleasing headstone. You remember them with love
ReplyDelete