Friday, July 31, 2026

TWEAKING AGAIN


 First up, thank you for all the positive comments yesterday in regards to my decision to go on WEGOVY.  Tonight I will have my first ever injection of it.  It's a once a week injection, so I am dropping my Friday night Trulicity injection, and will only have Trulicity on Tuesday night.  So, still having two injections a week, but differing medications.

I can't wait to see how it goes, and if I have any side effects from the WEGOVY.  Fingers crossed I don't have any adverse reactions.

Today I'm going to be tweaking a few things in the house. 

Because by the weekend we might have the sofa bed OUT, and the new lounge chair and exercycle in the front room. 

Im also moving a couple of things in our bedroom.  I will show you later what I'm up to. 

I really miss moving stuff around in the house! There's not a lot of opportunity for that here. *sniff*

ONWARD...

PETA: 

When I picked up the Wegovy yesterday, I heard the pharmacist ask the girl serving me to ask if I was stopping the Trulicity now?  I said no.  And I saw the pharmacist shake her head and say "NO!"... then she said something like "I can't say anything, it's up to the Doctor", while looking at me.   My red flag system did a bit of a 'WTF' is going on here?

So last night, I asked a question on Google.  Can you take Trulicity AND Wegovy at the same time.

And No, no you cannot.  Or should not.  So now I'm left wondering if Leo said to stop taking Trulicity, and just take the Wegovy?  I am going to ring him today and ask, because I don't want to be taking both when it is not advised to do so by the pharmaceutical companies.  I am sure though he said I could take both.... ten minutes later... and this is why I usually drive down to the Doctors to talk to someone in person.  You just get the bloody run around when you ring their 0800 number.  Grrrr.  I am now waiting to see if they ring me back to answer my question. 😖

I did my 'tweaking'.  Which just involved taking the colourful ottoman out of our room and putting it in the lounge.  Then putting the tea wagon/trolley thing in our room, instead of keeping it in the lounge.

The Ottoman will give us two more seats for visitors to sit on, thinking of kids really.

And the trolley in our room will be where the bed pillows/cushions/throws can go overnight, when not on the bed.

ABOVE: Having the ottoman there allows more light to come into the lounge as well.


ABOVE: The lounge now.  I've put the exercycle over by the dining table, just until it can go into the front room.

ABOVE:  I did have my big set of drawers in that corner, but now the little trolley is there, and it also allows more light into the room, and I can open the windows in that corner again over summer.  My job is done.

I'm thinking of taking Mc Dreamy back to the Craft Room, and spending a bit of time with the ladies who will be there today.  I might even do some sewing while down there?  

ABOVE:  I went down to the Craft room at 10 am, and Loretta and Margaret were there, so we all happily sewed and chatted.   I got that runner (above) quilted and bound, so a big tick there.  I've now only got two more big ones to finish off before next market.

Unless I make more...  I've found some beautiful floral fabric I'm dying to turn into a runner.   Maybe tomorrow.

I heard back from the Doctor. I must not take Trulicity AND Wegovy!  I must have misheard his instructions, cos I was sure I was to take both.  Sorted out now though.  Tonight I start the Wegovy.  

It is now 1.40 pm, time to have some lunch.  Today I'm just having a salad, not the Optifast.

7.15 pm.  I did some sewing again this afternoon.

Then Stew arrived home and we are spending the evening watching telly.  

I just had my FIRST WEGOVY injection.  It was SCARY.  The injection pen is very different to the Trulicity pen.  Stew had to read up on it and suss out how it worked.  He did well.

I was petrified, as the needle had to be physically inserted into my skin, unlike the Trulicity needle, that goes in once the pen is placed on the skin, and the button is pushed.  

I needn't have worried, Stew did it right, and I didn't feel a thing!  

And I don't need another one for a full week.  So relieved.  I wonder how long it will take to feel any effects?

I'll keep you updated on that.

I  can now relax for the remainder of the evening.  Phew.  I still have the shakes.

Happy Happy Joy Joy.   I'll catch ya tomorrow.

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:45 AM

    Did the Dr say you could have both injections ? that is not a usual combination and will have a high chance of reactions...they are in the same class of medications...Wegovy should bring down your blood sugar by itself...that is what it is mainly for and a side effect of Wegovy is possible reduced appetite that is why some people lose a lot of weight..Wegovy is the same ingredient as Ozempic...you can speak to the Pharmacist about it as well...Peta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:38 AM

    Yes, good to check as my Dr is very insistent that any of these medications can not be taken together...there is a risk of pancreatitis and other side effects with all these medications ...good you are checking...maybe he meant you should stay on one of your other diabetic medications at the same time...? Peta

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that’s good the pharmacist reacted go with your gut feeling, better to be safe.

    The lounge looks fab and that’s a great idea re: tea trolley well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The ottoman looks great and works really well as extra seating. If you're open to two simple tweaks, I'd suggest pulling the rug so it sits about 10 inches under the front legs of the lounge seat facing the ottoman, and centring the cow print above that section of the lounge to help balance the space.

    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAHA, If you AND McDreamy are both in the craft room - you may as well SEW...
    I thought part of the Pharmacist's job is to "catch" drugs that may not go together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous2:14 PM

    Hi, good you sorted out the Wegovy...at least you only have to have that once a week and as you build up the dose you should start to see some results...your lounge looks good...Peta

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rhonda3:55 PM

    So glad you have sorted out your meds! Phew! Your lounge room looks very colourful, just as you like it with lots of your favourite things for you to admire.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the ottoman there, it gives it a completely different look

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.