Monday, July 27, 2026

BINDING ALL DAY

 

First up for today?

Ring a bloke that Steve recommended, to come and see what's wrong with our heat pump.  I'm hoping it's a simple fix, and we don't have to get a new one.  I have no idea how old our heat pump is, it might be ancient? 😖😕


ABOVE: Once that is done, I will load this lot into the trolley, then off I shall go to Craft Group.  Where it is WARM.  And I will enjoy the company of a couple of other ladies.  Until 1 pm, when the rest of the group will turn up for a couple of hours as well.

I wonder how many of those runners I will actually get 100% finished today?

After Craft Group, I want to go to the supermarket for a few supplies.  I plan on doing some baking tomorrow, so need a few bits 'n' bobs.

ONWARD...  

1.05 pm. I've been working in the Craft Room since 10 am. There's been three other ladies here with me, so nice company. 

So far I've managed to bind six of the runners, which I'm freaking pleased about,  but I'm gunna have to stop soon as my back and shoulders are killing me.

Mc Dreamy, who now lives in the Craft Room decided to start making horrible noises this morning.  I swore.  Then walked home and got Mc 2ie and took him down to use.

Tomorrow, or maybe Wednesday, I shall take Mc Dreamy back to the repair shop.  AGAIN.

2.20 pm and I'm done.  I left Craft Group early as it was getting very noisy!  Lots of ladies.   And too hot.  

The irony of leaving home to work down there, as it was too cold at home.  And then it was too hot in the craft room.  I always take a t-shirt to change into once I'm there.  I've even taken my shoes and socks off!

Anyway, I got seven runners finished then called it quits.

I rang the electrician first thing this morning about our heat pump, and he's coming this afternoon.  Another reason for leaving craft early, as I don't know exactly when he's coming, just 'sometime' this afternoon.

I am hoping like hell the heat pump can just be fixed.  I've not looked at the cost of replacing it, but it's bound to be thousands of dollars. Though of course, you have to weigh up what it will cost to fix vs. a new one, and the age of the existing one.  I suppose I will find out this afternoon.

Tomorrow I will be baking savoury scones, maybe cinnamon scrolls, and yes, Ginger loaves.

8 pm.  The electrician arrived just after 5 pm, and after a long conversation it was determined there was nothing wrong with my heat pump!  It was just exceptionally cold (-2.8 degrees C) this morning, and the heat pump outside unit was FROZEN, and clearly had to defrost itself before it could even think about warming up our house.

So on the electricians advice I have to A.  Keep it on 24/7 at a moderate temperature (around 20-22 degrees) and B. Turn our DVS down, as it's pumping too much cold air from outside into the house.

With any luck that will keep the house bearable.

I clearly should have listened to EVERYONE who told me to keep the bloody thing on all the time.

Seems it won't cost THAT MUCH to do that, as opposed to turning it on and off when it's just freezing.

Lesson finally learnt.

I have just been out to the supermarket to get the supplies I need for tomorrow. It was already really cold outside, it's going to be another freezing night, and a bumper frost in the morning.

And that is all for today.  Catch you tomorrow.

8 comments:

  1. Watcha baking? Scones?
    Have a good day. I think we might be in for a stormy night. Hope the rain puts out the forest fires nearby, and that the lightning doesn't start new ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ginger loaf, scones 🙏

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you need a new heat pump I can totally recommend spending the extra and getting ducted heat/air conditioning. It's the. best thing we've ever done and the entire house gets warm (or cool) at the touch of a button.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's hard to get through to Mum about leaving heat pump on all the time but I gave up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:31 PM

    Ours did that last winter. It was cold for here (2 degrees) and it worked for a while and then stopped. Same thing - the outside unit was defrosting as it was too cold (it’s also in the shade so wasn’t warming up). We don’t leave ours on 24/7 but it was good to know it hadn’t broken.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope the pump makes a difference now and the house is warmer. It's sure going to smell irresistible with all that baking

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ps Very Sorry to hear about McDreamy Again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous10:43 PM

    I only have mine in during the day. Turn it off when we go to bed. In the morning I turn it on to 28 degrees for about 20 minutes, then down to 20 for the rest of the day I am at home

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.