First off for today?
I'm sleeping in. Once I have this post up, I'm rolling over and going back to sleep!
When I do finally get up, hopefully in a couple of hours, I shall be chopping this lot up...
ABOVE: These two lovely pieces of corned beef, that I took out of the crock pot at 10 pm last night. They have cooled off in the fridge overnight. This morning I shall slice them up and freeze them. There's enough there for at least 6-8 meals for Stew and I. Which is great, as OMG Corned Beef is not cheap! But, with only the two of us, it works out at about $10 per meal. You can't be upset by that.
Later on today I will be taking Mc Dreamy to the repair shop. *sigh* So annoyed I have to do that again.
And that's it for now. Catch ya later.
ONWARD...
Dare I say it? I think I've fixed Mc Dreamy! I took the bobbin case out and replaced it with a new one and yeah, the horrible noise is gone. So, fingers crossed it keeps working clunk free.
I might have just saved myself $200 on a repair bill. EXCELLENT.
It's now 9.30 am, I stayed in bed until 8.20, it was wonderful.
Best thing, I fully expected a shit load of condensation to be on our windows due to having the heat pump on and turning down the DVS. NOPE, not today, and we have another bumper frost out there. Weird.
I've chopped up that corned beef and put it in the freezer. I was being a bit optimistic about how far it would go... not eight meals. Five. Plus a little bit left over, just enough for my lunch today on a scone.
I am going out shortly as I'm running out of a few essential toiletries, and my perfume. So Chemist Warehouse here I come.
2 pm. Been to Chemist Warehouse, got me stuff and then came home again. Gosh it's a glorious day out there, sunshine and hardly any wind. What ya get after a frost of course.
I haven't really done anything else since getting home, as I did want a quiet day after yesterday's efforts. But I am thinking about getting into Crabby Quarters soon and working on binding a couple more of those runners.
The house is toasty warm, the heat pump in now set on 20 degrees C, and it's ticking over beautifully. Clearly nothing wrong with it, I'm so glad we didn't need to get a new one after all.
6.30 pm. I'm back in from sewing until now, Stew just arrived home as well. I got ALL twelve braid runners finished now. I'm really impressed with that effort, twelve in 6 days.
Photo tomorrow, as right now I'm going to sit down and chill out for the remainder of the evening.
Catch ya tomorrow.
*** I have a curly question coming up tomorrow ***



Gee you smashed out your power free day good on you. Any word on the heat pump? I bet when it’s fixed or replaced you’ll notice a difference my one is on 18 degrees 24:7 as you know 3 bedroom house 1 toilet seperate 1 bathroom house is just nice.
ReplyDeleteYahoo! Keep goin g - McDreamy!
ReplyDeleteWow…. Very impressive, Well done 🤩
ReplyDeleteI tried to sleep in this morning but my house is under the flight path to the airport and air traffic was very busy, so I just got up at 6:15. See how much grief you can save yourself if you just slow down a bit and think things through. And save a lot of money too. 12 runners in 6 days is awesome! Gigi
ReplyDelete