Well, expecting a 'usual' Saturday morning around here.
Grocery shopping. Housework. Then we are visiting some friends who are lending us some fishing rods.
I have it in my head to go fishing!!!!
I miss fishing. I used to go fishing HEAPS as a kid/teenager, and then whenever we visited my parents at Whitianga.
So, we are going to borrow some rods and see if the passion for fishing is still there?
We will go to a place this morning and get a little bit of 'fishing tackle'... sinkers, hooks, spinnakers, etc. Just enough to make a little start. NOT going nuts right now, I might find it's no longer something I enjoy?
Ya never know. The rods we are borrowing are for casting off from the beach, and that's not something I have done before. I've only ever fished off a boat. Could be interesting.
Or not. 😂 Either way, it will be a nice way to pass some time I'm sure. Two old farts sitting on deck chairs on the beach, eating crackers and cheese, sipping on Diet Coke, watching our rods.
Imagine it.
So, with that all said, I better get a move on. I'm not sure if I'll accompany Stew to the supermarket or not yet. I might just stay home and get our little picnic shit sorted out.
ONWARD...
Lol...we got the surf casting rods, then went and BOUGHT 2 smaller rods for fishing off peirs and wharfes as well. And bait and the other stuff we might need.
Now.. we are heading off. Let's see how this goes 🫠
When I checked the time of high tides today, Google said 1 pm. Google didn't say TODAYS freakin high tide did it? TODAY'S high tide is at 4 pm. So we are killing some time having lunch at the local pub. Crackers and cheese can wait for another day. 😉
ABOVE: I had the heater all to myself at the pub, it was BLISS.
If I was still that naughty, I'd have stolen these ones for sure. I love them. Now I have to try and find some, cos I'd love some of my own. 😊
3 pm: NOTE TO SELF: When you decided to go fishing, check out: A) The tides, and B) The weather.
Because, after lunch it started to rain, and it was clearly going to stick around. Not only was it wet, it was bloody cold. So we went for a little drive:
After having a little drive around, we stopped in at Groovy Rags and I bought a couple of new sweatshirts for next winter.
Then we came home. It's cold, dreary and ikkk here too. So, at some point I might get into Crabby Quarters and do something productive. Or I might have a nap. Hmmm... decisions, decisions.
Well I did neither of those things. I sat and scrolled the 'net, watched TV with Stew and just lazed the rest of the afternoon away.
Now... time to sign off for the day. It's been a nice day, even though we didn't end up fishing. It will happen another day.







We see people fishing off beaches all the time while we motorhome. Just yesterday at Ray's Rest (Kaiaua) we watched three separate fishermen catching snapper off the beach.
ReplyDeleteYes we have heard its good fishing there, and we will certainly go there at some point.
DeleteFishing sounds fun & relaxing. Enjoy your day.
ReplyDeleteBeach sea but not so much fishing.
ReplyDeleteI hope you and Stew enjoy a relaxing fishing experience 🎣🐠
ReplyDeleteHave fun and good luck.
ReplyDeleteFunny. You couldn’t even make this stuff up. Jan
ReplyDeleteGoogle vintage mason jar salt and pepper shakers. There's coloured ones too
ReplyDeleteThank You.
DeleteWhy did you have to wait for high tide to fish off the beach? Audrey
ReplyDeleteWe were going to fish off the wharf, and it is always better with the tide fully in.
DeleteFish and chips at the pub in front of the heater sounds like more fun than a cold wet beach ...lol. Peta
ReplyDeleteIt's exciting when you catch a fish. But do you gut and scale them too?
ReplyDeleteThe surf is rough. We've got the same weather here. High winds, rain. Too rough for boats at the moment.