Tuesday, October 06, 2026

STORAGE

 

Today is another Coffee & Chat morning.  So I shall wander down to the Community Centre at 10 and spend an hour listening to various conversations, chucking my 2 cents worth in and then coming home.

And sewing.  I'm determined to get as many placemats ready for market over the next two weeks.  Most of the ones on my work table are more 'tasteful', not loud, bright ones.  

I am still tempted to do some in that new, cute heart fabric... just not sure?  Maybe if I used some of that fabric and mixed it up with some more plain fabric it would work.  

So, that's my plan for the day.  What's yours?  Anyone got exciting shit happening? Dogstars... how's ya film work going? 

I have Stew's car today.  This afternoon I shall, (all going well), be picking up our new bedroom 'drawers'.  They have to come down from Auckland and I have been told they will arrive this afternoon sometime.  Whoop!  I've done some work sorting out my clothes, but have left most of it for now. No point rushing eh?  😂😉

ONWARD...

12.10 pm.  I chose not to attend C & C this morning, the placemats were on my mind too  much.

I continued cutting out and pinning and now...

ABOVE:  I'm in the thick of doing the quilting.  I think I'll be there for quite a while doing that.  And it's really cold in the garage.  I might have to stop soon just to warm up.

Lacy came around and I sent her up into the attic to find something. And she found 'it' straight away.  I was so damn happy, it was something I feared I'd gotten rid of when we moved.

It holds some powerful memories, and knowing I still have it literally made my day.

MORE ON THAT THING on the 14TH of OCTOBER.  It's going to be a 'special' post on that day.  

OK, back to my sewing...

4.15 pm, and I'm making great progress in the sewing room.  Very happy with what I've managed to get done so far on the new batch of placemats.

Now though, I'm calling it quits.

I'm going to walk to the Weight Watchers meeting this evening, and Stew will pick me up afterwards.

It will be a nice distance, probably about 3 kms?  Not 100 % sure, but I know it will take me about half an hour.

6.30 pm, and I'm home much earlier than anticipated.  I walked the 2.94 kms to the meeting (took me 28 minutes), and once there sat a yakked for a little while.  Our usual coach was away, so we had a reliever coach.  And she couldn't unlock the cupboard holding the scales, so she cancelled the meeting.

One of the ladies there heard I was now going to be walking home and offered me a lift.  So I jumped in her car and she dropped me home again.  That was very nice of her, as she didn't know me at all.

Now I'm feeling a bit tired, I've been on the go literally all day.

Time to just sit and do what we do in the evenings.  Relax.  Watch the telly, do puzzles on the phone or laptop and sometimes yak.   

Oh and I forgot to say, I did pick up the new item of furniture for our bedroom after lunch as well.  Stew just got it out of the car.  I will now sit and look at it for a few days until he puts it together in the weekend.  *sigh*

Right, that's me for the day, catch ya tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. Nothing exciting here. Work 🙄. Although coming down your way next week and heading to rotorua/the mount for a long weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing exciting here just work eat sleep repeat.
    Sunny days help though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just had a shower after getting rid of my 24 hour bp monitor. It inflates half hourly during the day and hourly during the night

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh love surprises 😘

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.