I started making placemats 3 weeks and 3 days ago.
And so far I have made 67 !
ABOVE: There they all are, minus the 6 I made on Monday, and sold on Monday. lol
As it's a 'Coffee & Chat' morning, I will wander down there a bit later on. It will give me a welcome break from the sewing machine.
I will also go to the bank and withdraw enough CASH to last me all summer! I need cash for markets, we don't have EFTPOS... we don't do enough markets to justify the cost of having EFTPOS.
ONWARD...
12.35 pm. Coffee & chat was pleasant this morning. I spent about an hour there before heading off to The Base.
I went into the bank and BUGGER ME! They were still not doing cash outs. I asked why the fuck not, as it is A BANK? Something to do with a system failure, and I would have to go to another branch if I needed cash before the weekend.
So I went to Chartwell. I COULD have waiting until next week, but I don't like leaving things to the last minute.
I eventually go the cash I needed, and then into Woolworths for more fresh fruit.
Home now, and I've just had some Almond Bread with salad, like yesterday.
Now, finally, I can get into Crabby Quarters and get on with some sewing.
I might be getting a villager calling in this afternoon to get some... placemats! She's seen what the ladies on Monday bought and wants some as well. LOL, I might get rich living here.
Well... I can dream right?
3.20 pm, and I've just finished another 6 placemats. My possible visitor has not been yet.
AND the village Manager has not gotten back to me with 'formal permission' to go ahead with my window. YET. I'm starting to get crabby. He already gave permission to my immediate neighbour to put a window in his brick wall... so what's the hold up? Surely he's not going to say NO? If he does there will be hell to pay... somehow.
I'm starting to stew about it.
Tits in a knot type stew about it.
My STEW would say "Settle down, no point getting all stressed about it".
But it's not him who is directly affected by this, and he knows me enough by now to know I'm not the most patient person. YOU know that too eh? 😂😅
After typing that last lot my neighbour called in and bought 6 placemats. That's 12 placemats sold to villagers in 4 days. I'll take that. 😊
She stayed for about an hour, we had a lovely old yak. And I was told to pop in any time to visit her. Don't mind if I do... she's lovely, and we seem to get on just fine.
She was still her yakking when Stew arrived home, so he got to say hello to her as well.
Then after she left, Stew and I went for a walk, a bit shorter tonight, as my back is really aching from all the sewing/sitting going on this week.
We ended up at the pub, as per usual. I stayed for about 45 minutes, then walked home. I'll go over to Steve 'n' Bex's soon to see the kids.
And then I'll pick up Stew and we will head home together.
Right, all that is done and dusted. Happily home now, and we are going to enjoy the rest of the evening in front of the telly.
Catch ya tomorrow.
.jpg)




Heavens to Betsy... 67 in such a short time. They're a terrific idea. Well worth all the work.
ReplyDeleteI like the square cat placemats, its a great way to use minimal feature fabric
ReplyDeleteWell with the time difference across the ditch , I’m hoping you have approval by now re the window .
ReplyDeleteIf not maybe in the morning he will let you know
Your sewing is amazing,, so hope the markets pick up for you guys ,
Cheers 🥂
67 placemats and I wanted to make one for last Christmas and hasn't happened ans unlikely to now intime for this Christmas either
ReplyDeleteNighty night. Sleep tight.
ReplyDeleteDon't let the bed bugs bite 😅😅😴😴😴
Hope you get the approve soon. How annoying.
ReplyDeleteYou're doing good on your placemats!
ReplyDeleteHow nice to sell right in the village. Everyone needs placemats & yours are special. I hope you receive written approval for your window so Steve can get it done.
ReplyDelete