Quite a few people had expressed concern about the new window's placement. How I will have sun on my face, get too hot, sun fade on my fabrics etc.
I have thought of this in depth, and this is my solution:
ABOVE: Vertical fabric blinds, that are made with 100% sun blocking fabric. I can have them pulled all the way to the side, to allow maximum sun/light in, or pulled across and angled one way or the other... depending on where the sun is. I can close them completely when I want total privacy, or when we go away/out.
I can angle them so I can see out, but 'they' cannot see in. Perfect solution. I cannot wait for it all to happen. It's going to make such a difference to my Crabby Quarters.
My sewing trolley is loaded, ready for Craft Group today. I'm still working on Placemats. I didn't realise we have a market in just two weeks time... I thought I had more time. So now I have to get moving, so I have plenty of choice for the summer markets.
ONWARD...
2.55 pm... and I'm home from Craft Group. I went down at around 9.45 and got stuck into making placemats. My goal was to get at least 6 fully made today while down there.
ABOVE: I got four kitten placemats made, and two Labrador dog ones.
And they won't be going into my market stash... because two ladies bought them immediately!
I can't even show you the dog ones as they were sold and out the door before I could get a photo... luckily I can make more of them. NOT the kitten ones though, I only had enough of that fabric to make 4 placemats.
I hadn't even started making the Labrador ones and they were SOLD... I was like... bloody hell! OK. I now need to make more cat/dogs placemats.
But not today. I'm knackered, after not sleeping well last night , or the night before, or the night before... for months! I don't know why I'm struggling to get to sleep and stay asleep? Most annoying. Oh well.. that's life I suppose.
My appetite has certainly taken a massive dive since getting up to 1 mg of WEGOVY! I have had three small pieces of almond flour 'bread' for lunch, hardly enough to make a sparrow fart, and I'm simply not hungry! It's great. 😊 I'm not even thinking of food. So weird, it used to be all I'd think about when I woke in the morning.
7.05 pm. When Stew arrived home from work, we went for a walk. I decided to take Coco with us. Yeah. NOT the best idea. She did really well for the first half, then she slowed and then she started wobbling a bit, so this happened:
ABOVE: She got carried for a while. Once we got back to the village she walked a bit more. But I won't be taking her for our walks anymore, she simply can't do it. Little walks around the village are still OK, but that's it.
It was a perfect evening for a walk, fine with some crispness in the air.
And now we are going to settle down and just relax for the evening.
Catch ya tomorrow.





You've really thought that window out. The shades look perfect and so will the window position be. Hope everyone pulls finger and you get it done fast!
ReplyDeleteHappy sewing
Have you ever made like Christmas stockings for your markets ? Was wondering how that would go as Christmas gets closer. Or fabric ornaments maybe.....you are so talented I was just thinking how that would do. Laurie
ReplyDeleteI too was thinking about Christmas. It's now that people will start to buy for Christmas... maybe placemats and yes, Christmas stockings. You could offer to put names on them so people can come back and collect them.
ReplyDeleteWe had curtains made out of that fabric. They really do keep the sun out. Very helpful in all seasons.
ReplyDeleteMy sewing room window faces west so gets all the afternoon sun I have day/night blinds and haven’t noticed any sun fade and when it gets warmer I vary the level of the night blind. I did notice a bit of sun fade when I had wooden venetians on one or two fabrics
ReplyDeleteI think your window solution is a good one. My Mum has vertical blinds in her conservatory which has the sun streaming in and they have been vetsatile enough to work very well. I hope your day is going well 😀
ReplyDeleteGet some dachshund fabric since they are pretty popular at the moment, see them on everything lol even hair clips
ReplyDeletelol yip more cat dog placements at least they not biting
ReplyDeleteSorry not sorry!
😂😂😂
I love the idea of making Christmas stockings. Would a table centrepiece, smaller than a runner, work too? Georgia
ReplyDeleteDear Coco, maybe you could take her in your sewing trolley when you go for walks ? Peta
ReplyDeleteMy Snookie wouldn't walk more than to the end of the block years ago. Spoiled old lady lol. She'd be like nope done you have to carry me now. I have my lace curtain for my sewing room window. I did have some fabric facing on fabric close to the window but it's all in boxes now so it's ok.
ReplyDelete