Sunday, September 20, 2026

TEMPTING FATE?

 

In almost every home we have owned, I've planted a passionfruit vine.

And EVERY time that vine has finally started to bear fruit, we have moved. 

So, would I be tempting fate by planting a passionfruit vine here I wonder???

Because, if I can find one today, that's what we are going to do.  I have a spot already sussed out for it.

The other thing on our agenda today is this:

ABOVE:   The lounge curtains need to come down.  And we have to add more hooks to the track and curtains, so it's not got all those gaps across the top.  The curtains also need to be pressed.  All of that should have been done 15 months ago, before they even went up, but we simply didn't get around to it.

I've looked at them like that long enough.  Time to fix them... TODAY.

ABOVE:  A fellow Stall Holder snapped this photo of me yesterday afternoon.   I was hanging on to the gazebo to stop it flying away in the wind.  Stew was taking the ground pegs out so we could fold it up.  I could only just reach the bloody top of it!  And to be honest, I doubt I could have stopped it flying away had a really big gust of wind whipped through.  Luckily that didn't happen. Flying gazebos as actually very dangerous.

And yes Darling, I can see you trying to give me rabbit ears!

Back to today, there's three things on the shopping list:

1. Passionfruit vine.

2. Curtains hooks.

3. 'Lady' handkerchiefs.

Cos I have NONE, and want some.  Tissues just don't cut it when you are out and about.  I used to use Stew's big 'man' hankies, but I want my own.  It's only taken 67 years to get me some hankies!

Oh and if we thought it was windy yesterday.... today it is even worse! And its raining too. I don't think I've seen it this windy in years. 

ONWARD...

10.41, and it stopped raining after we got out of bed.  But it's still bloody cold, and the wind is super strong and blustery.

We just got home from shopping.  We got a new curtain rod, hooks etc.  I will sort that out soon.


ABOVE: We found hankies at Farmers, and they are already washed and on the line outside.  I fully expect them to be dry in half an hour.  Hopefully they don't get blown away.


ABOVE: We also bought two passionfruit vines, but they won't be going outside until this wind settles down in a couple of days.

5.25 pm.  After OMG a shit load of huffing and puffing and swearing, Stew got the new curtain track up!  It took forever as he simply could not get the screw holder things into the wall!  But, finally, he did.  And then he put up the rail, and we both hung the curtains.
They look fantastic.  He put the rail up about 5 cm higher, so now the curtains don't drag on the floor.
I didn't iron them... I just didn't have the energy.
Why?
Because I'd spent a couple of hours this morning, and again this afternoon, cutting out the next sewing project.

I had a pork belly and lamb roast on all day in the crock pot, and OMG, they both came out beautifully.  I made sure to put plenty of liquid around them so they stayed moist.
So we had some of each with veges for our early dinner.
Now we are going to blob out and watch the telly until bedtime.
Catch ya tomorrow.

10 comments:

  1. CURTAINS!!!! AAAAAHHHH !! I have been working in the Art Department on a movie set this week - and I have had to hang, steam, and change curtains, and sheers, and valances... I have had those pressure fitting curtain rods falling on my head! The cabin in the film changes looks as the years progress and that involves NEW CURTAINS. And curtains fresh out of the package are deeply creased ! And a steamer doesn't work as well as I think it should! So... ya... Curtain nightmares going on over here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous11:03 AM

      Hi Dogstars, what movies do you work on? I think Fargo was made in your state? we enjoyed that....Peta

      Delete
  2. Anonymous11:02 AM

    Hi, maybe you should tie a small loop of rope on the gazebo so you can hang onto that next time? Peta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol... hindsight is a wonderful thing eh? There was a girl opposite us who did that, and held on to it during the market 😂.

      Delete
  3. Anonymous11:34 AM

    If you have new curtain rods, consider letting out the hems you added to curtains and hang rods much higher on wall (like 12” / 30.48 centimeters).

    Do you have any neighbors who have done this that you can see the look? It tends to make the ceilings look much higher.

    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol you really look as tho it's lift-off holding onto the gazebo.
    Hope you get to enjoy some passionfruit this time around

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kiwionholidays7:27 PM

    It’s so good when you get more boxes ticked aye.
    Like you guys weekend seems to have flown by and back to routine tomorrow
    Enjoy your R&R as we are here after a busy weekend.
    Cheers 🥂

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous8:41 PM

    My opinion is that you have way too much stock on your stall. Everyone is different, but for me if I’m shopping I get totally turned off by too much stock. I think you should look at current trends, colour for a start, not everyone likes blue or red

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RED? There is ONE red runner on my stall. wtf? And you are perfectly entitled to your opinion... but as it's MY STALL, I shall do whatever I want. I also suggest you don't go shopping.

      Delete
    2. I find the opposite, the more I have the more people want to look

      Delete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.