Saturday, September 26, 2026

OUTLET SHOPPING

 



I've not tried getting out of bed yet, so I'm not sure how bad the calves will feel.... I'm hoping they are settling down.


7.30:  Right, I'm out of bed, the legs are MUCH better.  Not 100% yet, but getting there.

ONWARD...

We have decided to go to Auckland for the day.  Stew suggested we visit the 'new' outlet shops out by the airport.  They have been open for a couple of years now, but we have never gone there.

So, because we have nothing better to do right now, that's what we shall do.

I can feel a visit to Ribbon Rose looming as well... cos well... we will be in Auckland right?  lol

We left home at 8.45 and all was going well until 9.10 am.

ABOVE: Then we came to a screeching stop. There must be an accident ahead. There is no traffic moving in either direction.  I wonder how long we will be stuck here??? 

ABOVE: Cop car just whizzed by on the shoulder.... 

ABOVE:  We will be fine. We've got our drinks and I'm keeping warm. We turned the car off as we could be here a while. 
There is traffic coming through on the other side of the road now, so the accident must be on our side, further up. 


ABOVE: Yet more emergency responders heading to the crash. 
Thank goodness for our phones! We can read the news, blog,  play games, watch a movie all from the car. 

OMG...  9.43 and our side is MOVING! Very slowly 🐌... but we are moving.

ABOVE: It was a single vehicle accident... one car tipped over on its side in the middle of the road. 
We are on our way again... luckily that didn't look too bad, or cause a huge delay. 

ABOVE: We got here,   no trouble finding it.

ABOVE: A gorgeous crystal shop. The cabinetry is stunning, never mind the crystal 😅🤣😅.

ABOVE: I saw a girl in a lovely coloured top. She showed me where she got it from. Online. Might check it out later.

ABOVE: It's a very nice mall. Lots of clothing and shoes.
And Le Cruet... got a couple of things there.... but not anything hugely expensive, cos OMG some of that shit is EXPENSIVE,  even in an outlet shop! 

We just had some lunch, sort of greasy Asian food. I had half what was on my plate and now feel IKKKKK.  Hmmm, maybe the WEGOVY is finally doing something?

ABOVE:  well that was fun. So many lovely clothes shops. We will certainly be coming back once I've lost the weight... which is ONLY 10 - 12 kilos away, depending when I choose to say ENOUGH.  I keep changing the 'goalposts'.... lol.

2.30 pm, and we are safely home again.  The day was wet and dreary, but we enjoyed ourselves.  I'm SO LUCKY.... Stew loves shopping just as much as I do.  😊

ABOVE:  I got a new notebook for next year.  Good for recording daily food consumption, weight, and doing WORDLE.  At the moment I have two notebooks by my laptop... paring down to one next year will be good.

ABOVE:  Some new dinner ware, just for two.  I love them very much.

ABOVE:  We got some new business shirts for Stew... cos he's got to keep working for a while yet!  Poor bugger,  I'm expensive to keep.  😂😅😆
We also did some Christmas shopping... a few more items to add to the growing pile in the wardrobe!  Luckily, we only buy for a few family members now, not the whole lot!

One of the Online News Channels, (STUFF), covered the car crash this morning:

ABOVE:  Us in the queue, waiting to get moving again!

ABOVE: The crashed car from the other side of the road.  
Three people were injured, one seriously and the other two moderately.  So good to know no one died.

It's good to be home and snuggled up nice and warm.  I am thinking of heading into Crabby Quarters soon though... I'm itching to start a few more of the blue wave placemats.

8.45 pm:  Stew's in 7th heaven... he's been able to watch rugby all afternoon/evening.
I felt really ill mid afternoon and took myself off to bed.  I slept for THREE HOURS!  Woke feeling much better, so no idea what happened there.
Since then it's been a 'normal' evening.
Him watching sport, me listening to real crime docos on YouTube while doing a jig saw.  Nice and warm.
Catch ya tomorrow.

14 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:34 PM

    You're right about that cabinetry, what a beautiful shade of blue💙

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg my daughter works at Swanndri. I just dropped her to work out there this morning!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shame we couldn't have met up! Tracy was there too.... I would have loved to have caught up with both of you. Next time we come up perhaps we can all meet up! Wouldn't that be lovely.

      Delete
  3. I went to Manawa Bay today, should have read this earlier this morning and we could have met up 😁.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well bugger! I would have loved to catch up with you. Kate was there dropping her daughter off as well... two of my 'blog friends' and two missed opportunities. Next time we come up I am going to see what you are doing!

      Delete
    2. Absolutely, it seems ages since I saw you ❤️

      Delete
  4. That accident this morning looks nasty ... I hope those involved revover well. Sounds like the shopping trip was successful. I hope you are feeling a lot better now after your sleep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paula, I am feeling much better. But now.. (11 pm), I'm not tired enough to go to bed. lol

      Delete
  5. There used to be a popular meal called "Blue Plate Special" ......

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shopping at a real Mall!!! Awesome. Lovely buys.
    Glad you're happy and feeling good now

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks like a nice day minus the car accident and feeling yucky.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful dishes. I just bought new plates last month to replace a few & give our table an update.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous5:12 PM

    I love the yellow shirt. Something different. And the plates etc beautiful. So you Chris. You're looking wonderful, but id say your walking and eating is having an affect too Chris. Kj

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.