Wednesday, September 30, 2026

SLIGHT CHANGE

 

Because the sun was shining quite a bit yesterday, I went outside several times to check out how long the sun stayed on the garage wall.

I wanted to make sure that I position the window in the best possible position, to take advantage of the sun as much as possible.

After a few hours of doing that, I realised it would be better sited more towards the middle of the wall:

ABOVE: I took that photo at 1.45 in the afternoon.  As you can see, if the window was further to the right, it would already have a lot of shade on it.  Siting it more in the middle means more sun, and it is not facing right into the pesky neighbour's windows.  

I can't wait for my window.  I will be able to look out and actually wave at a couple of my friends who look towards our place.  And just being able to look outside while working will be wonderful.  I have missed that, being stuck in a dim garage.

Now back to the day.... I will be sewing as I didn't get much done yesterday at all.  And moving things around so my work space is more in the middle of the interior wall.

After lunch I am going over to Cambridge to pick up some mosaic supplies for our village group.  The Cambridge mosaic group is closing down due to the venue no longer being available.  

ONWARD...

2.10 pm.  As is obvious, I've been rather busy today!  I did my sewing all morning, then took off for Cambridge at midday.



ABOVE:  I was given a SHIT LOAD of mosaic supplies!!!

I am going to sort though it, keep some and give the rest to the mosaic group here in the village.

That means going through our back sheds and making some room for stuff.  *sigh*  It can wait, I'm not unloading that lot right now.

I'm hungry, so will have some lunch.

The glazier is coming later on to measure up for my new window.  I'm still very excited about it, and will deal with any heat issues once it's in.  I think some vertical fabric blinds will sort out most of the "sun in my face, getting too hot" issues.  The primary reason for the window is for during winter, when it's really dark and dingy in Crabby Quarters, and to allow some sun in as well.  IT.  WILL.  WORK.  OUT.  I'll make sure of it.

6.20 pm.

The glazing guy arrived around 4 pm, sussed out the job, had a nice yak and then left.  He should have the quote in to Steve tomorrow.

I spent the rest of today sewing, and actually got all 14 new placemats stitched ready for having their backings put on tomorrow.

It felt good to get that far along with them... it was a huge amount of stitching.  I went through about a dozen bobbins full of thread!  Just as well I really, really love the wave pattern eh? 😊😉

I have stopped now as Stew is home and I am freezing.  Time to sit down, put my heated throw on and relax for the remainder of the night.

Catch ya tomorrow.

8 comments:

  1. Lots of thinking going on about that window lol measure twice, cut once, or whatever the saying is. Hope it happens soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:22 AM

    I'm really not sure you'd like too much sun coming in that window - summer sun in the afternoon is the hottest part of the day. MY suggestion, and of course it's only a suggestion, is to keep it to the right, so that it gets shade but still allows that cool air flow, not hot, summer breeze. That hot breeze is a killer. It'll heat up your garage in the blink of an eye. But, whatever makes it easier for you, my love xx Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Colleen, the last thing you want in the middle of summer is more sun pouring in! You will be complaining of the heat for sure. Maybe compromise... a little more to the middle but not as far.

    ReplyDelete
  4. But inside blinds could help with heat? If you were sewing in morning no problem how hot does the garage get?can you have door up while sewing and some screens across?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4:54 PM

    Where did you end up putting your bird mosaic?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nowhere! I'm holding on to it and giving it to someone for Christmas. There's more than enough stuff in my garden already.

      Delete
  6. Chris i have just replaced a window in my garage and I am getting it tinted. Not sure if that would work for you? Apparently needs to be toughened glass.
    I want the light but not the heat but im also wanting privacy. I will be able to see out but others not see in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The window I am getting has to be double glazed and toughened as well. I forgot to say quote for tinted ... I might just do that.

      Delete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.