Thursday, September 24, 2026

OMG I'M PLAYING FRIGGIN BOWLS!

9.30 this morning will see me joining around 40-50 villagers on the bowling green.

We are playing a Tournament to raise money for Prostrate Cancer Awareness.

After the Tournament most players and spectators are having a special 'Burger and Chips' lunch in the Community Centre.  I have opted out of that lunch, but I will join them with my own lunch.

Which will be crackers, cheese, salami and grapes.   I have between 4 - 6 crackers and that's quite enough for me now.

I have a few more photos to share from our walk yesterday:

ABOVE: The first waterfall, which was on the main track.


ABOVE: The second waterfall, which was on the Waterworks Track, which was a side track. Doing that track added about 60 steps to our total.


ABOVE:  I just loved this tree trunk/branch...


ABOVE:  Lacy crawling along it for a photo op.



ABOVE:  Another lovely view.  That is Ngaruawahia in the foreground, with the Waikato River flowing through it.


ABOVE: There I was thinking I had done 1,359 steps all up.  NOPE.  1,496 PLUS the extra 60 odd steps we did on the Waterworks Track... taking the total up to:  1,556 !!!  I.  CAN'T.  BELIEVE.  I.  DID.  THAT.

I really can't.

I avoid stairs like they are poison.

When I do the 'bridges' walk from our village, there's 36 steps to get from the river bank to the top of Pukete Bridge, and I struggle to do them!  WTF?  I doubt I will ever struggle to do them again.

And that's enough waffling from me for now.  I better get myself up and ready for this bloody Bowls Tournament.  Playing bowls is also something I can't believe I am doing.  

ONWARD...
11.50 am, and the bowls is over.  And I'm not doing that again until next year!  It was nice mixing and mingling with fellow villagers, but yeah nah.  Bowls ain't my thing.

ABOVE:  It was a good turn out.  And our team won!  Wasn't because of my stellar playing I can assure you!  


ABOVE: This bloke won 'Best Dressed'.  You were supposed to wear blue.  Not that many did.  He over compensated for them.


ABOVE:  I enjoyed this bit the most, when they said it was over and we could leave.  lol

I am now cooking my lunch, which is Beef Spare ribs.

Note to self:  Don't try cooking Spare Ribs in the air fryer.  They come out like RUBBER.  Horrible.

How is my body feeling after yesterday/today's bowls?   Sore.  Calves and shoulders are the worst.  Front of thighs are a bit sore, but not as bad as my calves and shoulders.

I didn't have any problem playing bowls at all really.  That might be down to the Panadol I took before hand though.

I've just had to take more Panadol, as the pain is kicking in again.   I knew this would happen, you can't do that much exercise 'out of the blue' without paying for it later.  😂😖 

If you are wondering about my shoulders being really sore... it was because of holding on to the stair railings so much... three hours with your arms kinda up, holding on for dear life on the way down etc.  lol  And I have tendonitis in both shoulders, making them sore anyway.

ABOVE: I just had a really divine soak in the spa pool.  Stew is at the pub without me tonight.  I also chose not to visit the kids this evening, a relaxing evening was what I needed.

And now, I will sign off for the day, and enjoy some more down time.  

Catch ya tomorrow.

12 comments:

  1. You did amazing work yesterday accomplishing that walk! Well done! I hope the bowls tournament is going well. Who knows ... you might find you enjoy bowling 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny ha ha! Like hell will I be a regular bowler. Once in a blue moon for a charity event will be my limit.

      Delete
  2. How was your body with the bending after yesterday achievement

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yip leaning on my walking frame plays hell with my shoulder especially at the moment when I have an extremely sore shoulder waiting an X-ray

      Delete
  3. Awww well done mate that was a big day, I wondered how you’d go either bowls today, it is the most gorgeous spring day here today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful photos of yesterdays walk. What amazing scenery. Well done on making it to the top - not easy! The muscles may feel even worse tomorrow. Good on you for playing bowls,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lacy H7:03 PM

    Hahahha holding on for dare life 🤣 😂 😅 woman you did absolutely amazingly 👏 like no shit
    🤣 had me silently cracking up half the way 🤣 your crawling, among other shit you tried pulling like loosing ya balance then having a whinge at the next 1000000 lot of Stairs 😂 the love taps (twaks to the head) on the way down 😅

    Anyways 😅😂😁
    #Lacy 💙💜

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have you know I only 'CRAWLED' up one full flight of steps, almost at the top too! And it wasn't on hands and knees, it was feet and hands. As if. And you deserved the whacks on the head you tart. lol

      Delete
  6. So good. Congrats 👏 thats a huge achievement

    ReplyDelete
  7. That soak in the spa would have been utter bliss after your big walk yesterday and bowls today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 1,556 steps?? No wonder your little body is sore. Throw that bowling in too yikes!! You did a crazy amount of exercise. Hope your muscles recover quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You make me smile. And the best bit was when it was over. You really deserved the soak in the spa pool.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.