Wednesday, September 16, 2026

LET'S SEW SHALL WE?

RIGHT, no procrastinating today. 

I am having another go at making an oven mitt that will pass muster with the sewing ladies.

One of said 'sewing ladies' called in yesterday and dropped off her oven mitt, so I could use it as a pattern.  So nice of her.

I'm also thinking of making hot pot 'pads', to use on the bench or table.  Do you think that's a good idea?

WEGOVY:  one more week of being at the .5 mg dose, then I go up to 1.0 mg.  I am hoping like hell that starts making a difference, because seriously, nothing has changed yet.  I still feel hungry all the time, I still think about food all the time and although I am 'dieting' and being very careful with my food/portions, my loss has stalled.  And in fact I can bounce up and down a kilo in a week.  It's doing my bloody head in.  Meh, I've probably said all this before eh?  I know these things take time, but knowing that doesn't help.  

I talked to my WW Coach about this last night, and she reckons I'm not eating enough!  Seems that is a thing.  So I'm going to try adding back in some carbs, as I literally don't eat carbs most days.  So today I will have a small potato with my salad. 

Right, boring shit done with... let's get on with the day.

It will be good right?

ONWARD...

NOPE.  I lay in bed this morning, totally unenthused with the idea of sewing oven mitts/hot pot pads.

I have done a complete 180 degree turn around.  I don't WANT to do them.  They don't interest me.  It's not the direction I want my stall to go in. 

So there ya go.  Now I have nothing to do.

I will probably just keep making a few more Kiwiana type runners.  That's what I love making, and if I ain't loving what I'm doing, I might as well throw the machine away and just stay in bed.

It is a fairly cold morning, so the heat pump is on, and I'm contemplating doing some exercise.

YES, I get on the exercycle about three times a week.  I do strength exercises with lightweight hand weights.  And I bought an Aerobic Step as well... and I've looked on YouTube at routines on how to get the most out of that too.  So I am well aware I need to keep my muscles strong.  I also make sure I eat enough protein every day.

I've got it covered people!  Thanks for the concern.

And as for the haters, and there's quite a few out there.... FUCK OFF.  Said ever so nicely of course. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜–

I went down to the Craft Room to have a chat with one of the ladies there.  She was at morning tea yesterday and felt the same way as me about how it went.  It was nice to get another person's perspective on the 'racism' issue and if we had ever talked about 'it' during C & C?  She, like me said NO.  So yeah, we both agreed that the lady involved was just probably have a wobble of some sort, having a bad day etc.

Moving on, I just did 'the hill' and today it was much easier!  I was so pleased to get to the top and not feel breathless.

Lacy has just done The Hakarimata Summit Track in Ngฤruawฤhia, which is a climb up a bloody mountain... with 1,349 steps!  She suggested I try it one day with her!   Stupid, stupid woman.  I struggle to do 36 bloody steps.  lol

And Lacy stopped in on her way home.  And then so did Margaret ( from the village ), so I had some lovely company for a while.

ABOVE: Those two get along like a house on fire!  Margaret has a daughter of a similar age to Lacy, who's struggled with addiction and similar things to Lacy. So they can relate to each other.  It was so nice having them here.

Now they have left and I'm making my lunch.

Then, who knows what I'll get up to?


FOLLOWING:  Anon comment and my replies in RED....

Comment author avatarAnonymousSep 16, 2026, 11:46 AM

Going to he honest here, the "i literally dont eat carbs most days" statement is kind of delusional. Let's look at last week.
Monday - fruit for dinner (carbs) I really don't count fruit as carbs, they are 'free' on the Weight Watchers app.
Tuesday - meals not disclosed
Wednesday - meals not disclosed
Thursday - baked beans (carbs), baked potato (carbs) Half a cup of Baked beans and two potatoes... OK.  LOTS of Carbs.
Friday - meal out. Hot chips (carbs) SIX CHIPS!, coleslaw and accompanying sauce (carbs), sauce on ribs (carbs)
Saturday - Roast potatoes (carbs)  Wait for it, photo to follow of my potatoes.
Sunday - Meal out. Burger (carbs) I didn't eat the burger buns , hot chips Again, SIX chips! (carbs).

So out of 7 days, carbs were eaten on 5 days, and the 2 days you potentially didn't is actually unknown as they were the days you didn't disclose anything you ate. I dont believe everything you eat is shared so even more carbs could have been consumed than disclosed.

Not trying to be a "hater", just keeping it real.

When I say I've had roast potatoes...

ABOVE: These are what I have.  Two usually.  I bought that box of potatoes at least 3 weeks ago, and it's still half full... bearing in mind Stew has had some too.

12.20 pm.  Lunch is done and now I'm going out to pick up Mc Dreamy!  He's done.  AND they have literally charged me NOTHING for the repair!   I mean $28 is NOTHING compared to the $100's of dollars already spent on him!!!!
I am thrilled to bits.  Now let's hope he keeps going... and going... and going... !
6 pm.
I've spent the afternoon mucking around in the house, tidying my wardrobe, Crabby Quarters etc.
Did a load of washing and threw it in the dryer as well.  No point hanging it outside today, it was too overcast with no wind.  Nothing would have dried out there.
Stew is due home shortly.
I've got his dinner ready to go.  He's having BBQ Spare Ribs and veges.  

10.25 pm.  Well Stew loved the spare ribs so much, I'm going to buy more tomorrow.  Plus whatever else we might need for the next week or so.
Coronation Street has just finished, so I'll be off to bed in the next half and hour or so.
Catch ya tomorrow.

15 comments:

  1. I ended up consulting with a dietitian, who worked out from my food journal that I was severely lacking in protein and at our age ( same age as you), this is a disadvantage in loads of areas. Apparently you need 0.8 grams of protein for every kilo you weigh. I also spoke with my Dr Having a high-protein breakfast keeps the hunger noise away. I used to have porridge every morning; now I mix it up and have eggs on alternative mornings. Greek yoghurt on my porridge is not a fav, but it does the job. I don't eat red meat, so I have lots of salmon, fish, and chicken. You can download a fact sheet for high-protein foods. I also snack on almonds and have 2 kiwi fruits per day. Am I feeling better? yep probably a little bit, but like all "diets" it is a work in progress! My Dr will do a kidney function test soon to make sure they are coping with the additional protein.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chris, most people I've seen who have had success with these GLP-1s have also done weight resistance exercises etc. Is there an exercise class at the village? Maybe go to the gym to use the weights etc? Do you use the exercise bike you bought? Hopefully as the dose increases you will see results but be aware you don't want to lose more muscle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great, I just saw your reply. It's just that you've never mentioned exercise other than 'the hill' or walks on your blog.

      Delete
    2. Well clearly I don't spill my guts about everything! lol

      Delete
  3. Anonymous11:46 AM

    Going to he honest here, the "i literally dont eat carbs most days" statement is kind of delusional. Let's look at last week.
    Monday - fruit for dinner (carbs)
    Tuesday - meals not disclosed
    Wednesday - meals not disclosed
    Thursday - baked beans (carbs), baked potato (carbs)
    Friday - meal out. Hot chips (carbs), coleslaw and accompanying sauce (carbs), sauce on ribs (carbs)
    Saturday - Roast potatoes (carbs)
    Sunday - Meal out. Burger (carbs), hot chips (carbs).
    So out of 7 days, carbs were eaten on 5 days, and the 2 days you potentially didn't is actually unknown as they were the days you didn't disclose anything you ate. I dont believe everything you eat is shared so even more carbs could have been consumed than disclosed.
    Not trying to be a "hater", just keeping it real.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michael Harvey11:49 AM

    Oh, the above comments regarding carb consumption were by me, accidently left it at anonymous when I published my comment sorry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because you are a 100% Carnivore Diet person, I knew that comment was from YOU immediately Mike. I know you are not a 'hater', just very, very convinced your way of eating is the only way. It isn't btw. Everyone is different, there is no right or wrong way, just the way that suits each person. You do you, I shall do me. And I love you very much son.

      Delete
    2. Michael Harvey1:23 PM

      Fair enough. In the hopes of being constructive though, ill give my opinion on where I think you're working against yourself somewhat.
      I agree with the under-eating comments, significant calorie deficit is going to promote your body to conserve stored energy (fat) and downregulate your metabolism inorder to help facilitate this. In that state, carbohydrate consumption, spiking your insulin, is giving your body the exact hormonal requirement to do just that -hold onto fat.
      Though in saying this, significantly reducing your carbohydrate intake as it appears you have will, in time, prove effective. It's just the above situation slowing the progress "scale-wise" imo.
      Love you very much Mum, thank you for putting up with my very direct, to the point, over opinionated self ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ’™

      Delete
    3. ๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿฉต๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’œ

      Delete
  5. Anonymous4:36 PM

    Hi, I think you are a great "dieter" and have managed to lose weight really well..as far as I am concerned you can eat what you like and it is no one's business...the only thing I will say is that you probably won't have any reduction in "food noise" until you get to the 1.7 or 2.4 dose of Wegovy. I have been on Ozempic 1mg (same drug) for the glucose control for two years and I have not lost one ounce ...lol..Mounjaro works a bit better, but sometimes these drugs reduce the blood sugar for diabetics but not much help with weight loss..so you are still doing good things for you blood work and health...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, I am worried I am going to be one of those people who does not lose weight on any GLP-1 drug! I know it will help with the Diabetes of course, but other drugs can do that and not cost over $100 a week! If I don't lose weight after getting to 2.4 mgs I will be giving it up.

      Delete

  6. You do what's right for You and only you know what that is!!!
    After almost 70 years of dieting I've learnt many things. You can live and thrive on a vegan diet eating 100s of carbs, you can lose weight on 100s of different diets.
    Love that you've got opinionated carnivores in Yr family though! I've been strict carnivore and lost weight and know his feelings. But ive relaxed immensely. Yeh for animal based but I eat what's fresh and seasonal around me now. Try to keep off those packaged goodies
    Glad to hear your sewing company rejected that racist conversation . Enjoy the company and Yr creations

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ally S Melbourne11:54 PM

    I’ve tried Ozempic- very little result and lots of nausea. Lost a couple of kilos and that was it. When I started on Mounjaro the ‘food noise’ disappeared within a day. I lost 23kg in 10 months and now 31 kg after 18 months. I don’t really eat white carbs, bread, rice or pasta, but have been having Spud Lite potatoes chopped up and air fried. 200gm of those is only 100 calories and really bulks up your meals. Some days I definitely don’t eat enough, I can go 24 hours without wanting food, which I know isn’t good. MJ is dear, ($700 for the 15mg pen in Aus) but that’s the one I get, and then take my 5mg dose so it lasts me 15 weeks with the ‘Golden dose’ so quite affordable. Maybe think about changing if you don’t start getting results. Have a look at Alex Gamble on You Tube. He does some good high protein easy meals and food swaps.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Damn some people are freaking rude.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.