Monday, September 21, 2026

ANOTHER CRAFT GROUP DAY

 

First up for today will be some more cutting out for my next project.

I'm going to make some placemats.  Thanks for the idea KarenAK.  Not sure what runners you referred to, I make a few 'blue beachy runners'.  Maybe you meant the wave runners?  I am going to make some as placemats sometime in the next month.

We do not have another market until Tamahere in October, so I've got plenty of time to build up a good stock of placemats in all different styles.

I've made them before and they did sell fairly well... so let's get to it!

ONWARD...

Midday and I've been here in the craft room for 2.5 hours. I had company for an hour or so, then Liz had to leave. So I'm on my own until the other ladies arrive at 1 pm.

It's nice as I can listen to my music when no one else is here.  

I must say... its quiet on the blog today. Where is everyone?  Needy me likes to hear from people   🤣😂😉.

4 pm.  Turned out I spent a lot of time on my own in the craft room today.  At around 1.30 a couple of other ladies arrived, and a afternoon tea time a couple of ladies in the Mosaic Room came over and joined us.

I got a bit done ...

ABOVE:  I got these six chook placemats completely finished.


ABOVE: And I got the quilting done on those paua shell ones.  I'll work on them again tomorrow.

After I left Craft Group, I went to Spotlight as I was running out of black and blue threads!  Crazy how much thread I go through.  

Now?  Just had some left overs from last night, and got my feet up.  I'm freakin' tired.

ABOVE:  Stew loves Monday nights.  He gets home to enjoy a little treat.  I bring home a little sweet treat from our Craft Group afternoon tea.  Today it was home made shortbread, dipped in chocolate.  I don't have any, mine goes to him.

I actually don't miss it.  Which is weird.

I'm pretty much done for the day, I just finished unpacking my sewing trolley.  Everything is just piled up on my work table, ready for tomorrow.

So,  A VERY EARLY sign off from me today.

Catch ya tomorrow.

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hi Paula! Lol... that was a fast response. 😆

      Delete
  2. My brothers are here visiting mum and helping her out in the garden. She loves her garden but its getting harder for her to keep at it. I hate gardening but do what I can but my shoulder doesn't allow me to do much and to be fair it shouldn't kill them to help

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm here, sitting at my desk, working through a list of jobs that have been hanging over me. Placemats sound like a great idea. I just made a fresh cup of coffee - hopefully that will keep me powering through my list. Blood test this afternoon (if I can find the form) - ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m hanging in there by a thread still poorly but at least I can taste my food.
    Sunny and warm out of the wind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous6:47 PM

    I love those chook placemats...Peta

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous7:56 AM

    I love the paua placemats!!! . KarenAK

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice job on the placemats.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.