Friday, October 02, 2026

CRAFT GROUP, PLACEMATS, BIG TICK?

 

First up for the day... I will try getting some of that mosaic stuff out of the car!  Certainly did not get to it yesterday.

Next, load up the sewing trolley and head down to the craft room to do some sewing with company.

After that, home to have a quiet afternoon, all going well.

The Village Manager did not turn up yesterday to formally approve the new window.  I hope he makes it today.  We now have the quote for the window, and it is pretty much exactly what I thought it would be.  On top of that, we have the brickies fee, and the building expenses.  All good... all budgeted for.

Bex is a member of several 'de-stash fabric and wool' sites on Facebook.  She showed me some fabrics that were going for 1/3rd of the normal price.  I could not resist... OF COURSE.  πŸ˜‚πŸ˜…

ABOVE: I just got these two fabrics, and ordered another piece last night via Bex.  That heart fabric is adorable.  I'm bloody tempted to use some of it for .... placemats!  lol  If not placemats, certainly bowl cosy's. 

I have to wash it first though, so it won't be used today.

*  HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO BRYLEE *, we hope you have an awesome day.  

And that is me for now, catch ya later.

ONWARD...

1.50 pm, and I'm just home from working in the craft room with Loretta.  A very pleasant few hours I must say, Loretta is lovely company.  

I got 6 placemats made this morning:

ABOVE:  It was nice to mix it up and not just do 6 all the same.  I wanted to do these ones, then think about what is missing in the line up.  I think I will add in some Black and White ones, and perhaps some Red and White ones.  And Cats.  Let's not forget the bloody cats.  πŸ˜‚πŸ˜…πŸ˜

For now though, I'm taking a break, and will have some fruit.   I had crackers, cheese and salami for lunch, but I miss my fruit.  

5.50 pm, and the Village Manager called in and we had 'the discussion'... and I should get my formal 'go ahead' next week.  

For the remainder of the afternoon I watched some posts from a shop I love up in Auckland.  It's tempting to go and buy more clothes, but will wait until I've lost all the weight I want to ... no point buying shit that might not fit in 3 months eh?

Stew just arrived home from work, so now we can settle down and relax together for the next two days.

12.20 am:  Whoops, stayed up a bit late.  Better get myself off to bed.  Hoping to get a decent night's sleep, that would be bloody nice.

6 comments:

  1. The heart fabric is so pretty! Can't wait to see what you turn it into πŸ˜€

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the fabrics. Hope the complex manager has turned up by now and given you the written go ahead. Happy birthday Brylee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:48 PM

    Love the heart fabric.. Happy Birthday to Brylee Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:26 PM

    Happy birthday Brylee! Chris, after years of me being borderline diabetic, my doctor has just prescribed me with Metformin and is talking about me qualifying for weight loss medication under the PBS in Australia (which means it will be more affordable). I've been watching your journey with much interest but even more so now!

    Hope you have a lovely weekend ahead of you. Penny xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:23 PM

    Happy Birthday Brylee, I have been a reader since you were a small girl. Gigi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the placemats. Happy birthdayπŸŽ‚ to Brylee. The sooner the village manager gives written consent you can get your window.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.