Thursday, September 17, 2026

JUST A PHASE?

 


There's been a couple of things happen in the village this week that have made me feel.... unhappy being here.

First was the shitty Coffee & Chat on Tuesday, then something else happened last night that set me off again.  I won't go into details on that one though.  

So... I will not be going to Coffee & Chat today... and might not go to any more in fact.

I know I can be a 'bit' touchy and easily offended, sensitive even at times.  I KNOW, hard to believe eh?  But it is just how I am.  Full of bravado and bolshy on the outside, but not really on the inside.

I let things get to me too much.  

Right now I just want to stay in my house and forget the 'village' and forget the people here who just get right up my nose, and/or upset me.

There's quite a few, now that I've been here long enough to get to know a lot of them.

Yes, there's a lot that are just lovely too, of course.

I was walking through the Community Centre yesterday, and passed not one, but two small groups of ladies.  Both groups were standing/sitting around BITCHING and RUNNING DOWN other people who live or work here, and anyone could hear them.

I found that so rude.  If you are going to bad mouth other people, shouldn't you at least do it in private?  Not in the dining room or the foyer, where anyone can hear you?

Living here has shown me a totally different side to life and how people think they can act.  AND it's hard to get away from it all when you are in a village setting like this.

I know quite a few people who live here do not engage in any of the village activities, and keep totally to themselves.  Maybe I get why now.

So, today I'm not sure what I will get up to, other than doing a small grocery shop for those Spare Ribs Stew loved so much last night.

I had hoped there was an FBG walk on today, but sadly there isn't.  I would have really enjoyed seeing some happy faces.  Maybe I'll go down and have a swim and soak in the spa?  That might cheer me up.

Sorry for the misery guts post.  

ONWARD...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.