Sunday, September 13, 2026

CAMBRIDGE TRASH & TREASURE IN SEPTEMBER

 

5.32 am, and yep, it's cold.  But not FREEZING.

We are heading off to market (in Cambridge) in about 20 minutes or so, depends on how long Stew takes to get ready really.  I'm much faster than him.  😂😆

Bex will be there as well, so that will be nice having her right next to us again.  It works out well for her too, we can watch her stall if she needs to leave for food or a bathroom break.

I just remembered this photo I took yesterday:

ABOVE:  Have you EVER seen fruit THAT EXPENSIVE?   Not only that, but when you think about how much pulp is inside a passionfruit, you are basically paying over $100 a kilo,  just for the pulp!!!  Outrageous.  I would NEVER pay that much for fruit.   Would YOU?

Right guys, I better go.  We've got a market to get to.

ONWARD...

ABOVE: And up comes the sun. Nice to be setting up in daylight again I must say.

8.01 am and we are ready.


ABOVE:   The weather is iffy right now.
I went for a walk to check out the other stalls. There's heaps more here today.
When I got back to ours, this greeted me:

ABOVE: Yeah. Apparently Lily will love it. 🤣😅🤣

ABOVE: YEP...still cold enough for the hat and jacket. 

11.50 am, and  l think Stew is going to get his way. We will not be doing this market again. It's NOT our market ...  people come to this one to buy (mostly) second hand junk.   Our stuff is more suited to CRAFT markets.
Hanging out to go home.... 

ABOVE: She did it again! Now Lilys also getting a cow. 😅🤣😅

ABOVE: It would appear Lily thinks dinosaurs are to be sat on.  Cute.
We have had a quiet afternoon, I think I might have nodded off in my chair at one point too.

We are going out for dinner.  I might have something evil.  Or not.  I'm not exactly hungry, so maybe something small?

Dinner was ok, but not fantastic.  I had a burger, which I shared with Stew.  The chips were over cooked and REALLY over salted.  So safe to say we won't be going there again.  Back to The Outlook or The Foundation, which are both pretty good.

It's time to sign off for the day, we are both bloody tired.  Catch ya tomorrow.

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:57 AM

    Hope it's a good sale day for you and Bex

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its sooooo windy ... i hope you guys don't have it down there. Good luck for the day

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lily must love when mummy goes to the market lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:23 PM

    She does love her new dino and cow shes even picked flowers for them to eat haha. 😆
    Bex

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kiwionholidays2:50 PM

    What a shame those markets aren’t really a money earner for you guys after all the hours you put in to making your beautiful creations.


    Hopefully the next one will make up for it especially once the weather gets warmer

    Good on Bex doing hers as well but disappointing for you guys and maybe your village will get you in some sales now you’re showing the others what you do ,


    Take care catchup soon

    Cheers 🥂

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kiwionholidays2:52 PM

    Crazy crazy price on that passionfrui
    Seriously ,,,,😟 who buys that .when it’s that price.🥝

    ReplyDelete
  7. Crazy price in
    Passion fruit I buy barkers passion fruit/lemon in a bottle.

    Such a shame about that market.

    Stunning day here too again got doors windows flung open.


    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.