When I visited my Doctor last week, his instructions to me were... WEIGH YOURSELF EVERY DAY. Not something I usually do.
He said that way I would be able to see fluctuations, and make adjustments at necessary.
So when I saw a big gain yesterday morning, I KNEW I'd probably had too much to eat the day before. It's not an exact science of course, and daily/weekly fluctuations can and do happen. But for me, it was a bit gutting.
Yesterday I was very careful with what I ate, and I made sure I was drinking enough.
For the next few days, I will only be having Optifast and salads, and cut back on the fruit.
Leo (my Doctor) wants to see me again in one month, and will adjust the dosage of the WEGOVY if it's called for.
As for today, I will be getting on the scales once I get out of bed, and I hope I don't see another gain! That would totally piss me off.
So watch for the update!
I am going into Crabby Quarters to continue working on the next Fishy Runner today. Then a bit later on I might attend the Coffee & Chat down in the Community Centre.
So I got the power notification last night with how much power we had used last week. I was a bit shocked as it had almost doubled. My immediate reaction was to turn the heat pump OFF. But this morning Stew said no, its ok. It's only for 3 months or so that we really need it. So when I got up this morning I turned it back on. It's minus 2 degrees right now and the house is FREEZING. I'm staying in bed until it warms up!
Right, it is now 1 pm, and it's been a busy day.
I got up and weighed in.
DOWN .200 grams. I'll take that. Heading down again.
After that, I went to Coffee & Chat, and had a lovely hour or so catching up with friends.
Then home to catch up with Lacy, who was doing my housework.
THEN I got a call from an Uncle and Aunty from Tauranga, who were about to call in for a visit.
So that was lovely.
They are staying in Ngaruawahia, and had biked over.
ABOVE: Richard and Muriel are in their mid and late 70's, and cycle all over the country/world!
Inspirational people.
So now I'm having some salad for lunch, then I will get into Crabby Quarters and do some work.
3.20 pm. And then I laughed and laughed, and went shopping.
I wanted to find some wax melts for the room Scentsy things.
So I went into Briscoes.
ABOVE: And that's how I ended up with a Nutribullet thing. I don't know how that happened!
Next stop was The Warehouse, and they didn't have wax melts. So I ended up with toy cars and a car carrier for Lily to play with. I don't know how that happened either!
My final stop was the supermarket, where I wanted some more Cottage Cheese and Almond Flour. Came out of there with just a couple of other things, PHEW!
I am going to use the Nutribullet thing to blend up the almond flour bread mix, and other shit.
8.30 pm. Just in from the pub. We had some hysterical conversations at the pub tonight, mostly revolving around.... shit! Too funny.
I also had a lovely visit with the kids.
So thankful I decided to turn the heat pump back on, after it was off all of last night! It is going to be (already is) another freezing night. Expected temperature tomorrow is -4 degrees C.
Catch ya tomorrow.




I know others have said to leave the heatpump on 24/7 but if you look up Consumer they will tell you to just put the heat pump on when you need it. We only put ours on when needed and never leave it on all the time. It's a myth that it take more power to heat a cold room than to keep it on all the time. Look it up. That is why heat pumps have timers - program it to come on an hour before you get up etc.
ReplyDeleteIts the never-ending dialogue around heat pumps isn't it! We have ducted heating, programmed to go on and off. We were advised not to have it on 24/7, not needed, as we have double glazing and very good insolation, and the rooms hold the heat. As Lynda commented I would look it up and see what the manufactures actually recommend.
ReplyDeleteI've been running mine non stop for about a week as it gets down to 10 degrees inside very quickly. I am definitely NOT looking forward to my next power bill. I think I'll faint!! xx Colleen
ReplyDeleteHaven't seen a set of bathroom scales flying past Chris. We had baby and his parents visiting for a week yes our power usage was more than normal but its still in credit over $100 so happy with that. We use the clothes drier every day some time couple times, cold wash, 2 showers a day, heat pump so the hundred we pay a fortnight is ok all round. I thro another $20a fortnight over the winter because of the power subsidy from the government.
ReplyDeleteLove the shopping lol Apparently NutriBullet is fantastic at mixing optifast and other shakes
ReplyDeleteMy family in NZ are bikers too, just a few years younger. They've biked around France and Croatia and love every kilometre. Too energetic for me. Thumbs up to your Aunt and Uncle
ReplyDeleteIt’s a personal thing heat pumps but my BFF husband is an electrician and refrigerator installer amongst other things he repairs heat pump air con etc he has told me again and again leave on
ReplyDeletefind your comfortable temp and leave, and yes 3 months is nothing compared to being frozen cold!
That’s good to have doctor input and adjusting daily.
We was -6 this morning and will be again tonight.