I had planned on going over to Cambridge today for an FBG walk... but I'm piking out. It's just too damn cold!
So, I will stay home and sew. I might lug all my stuff down to the graft room? Actually, I'll go down and see if anyone is there first, no point packing it all up, and getting down there to find I am the only one there. Pointless. I will only go down there if I'm gunna have company.
So... for now I might get a couple of things done around here. It's too early to expect anyone to be in the craft room yet.
ABOVE: I saw this on Facebook, and tweaked the wording a bit to suit 'me'... it's just a bit funny.ONWARD...
12.05 pm.
I did indeed end up spending a bit of time in the craft room with the other three ladies who are often there 'out of Craft Group' times. We had a lot of laughs, and the gossip was interesting too.
Gotta love the gossip, it's how you find out things that are going on here in the village. 😂
ABOVE: I got this Angler Fish cut out, stuck down and ready for stitching. I'll start on that this afternoon.
Right now though, I'm having my lunch, which is an Optifast shake whizzed up with some fruit.
2.15 pm, and I'm just back from the shops. I went into town, then Spotlight for more thread. I was getting low on the colours I use the most for the fish runners.
ABOVE: I bet virtually no one gives a thought to how much thread costs, in relation to the price of something on my stall. That lot cost over $160.
*shaking my head*. AND it was on sale.
I am now, finally, going to head into Crabby Quarters and do some stitching.
6.15 pm. Four hours of sewing and the fish runner is 90% done. I will finish it off tomorrow.
Now, Stew has arrived home from work, and we are settling down for an enjoyably quiet evening.
Catch you tomorrow.





Hi Chris, I hope you have a good day! I am up early in Melbourne because I woke to a scrabbly noise in the bedroom. I really hope it wasn't a mouse! I couldn't get back to sleep, so I am up working.
ReplyDeleteI just found out I have high cholesterol. I am declining the STATINS medication. So - my meals have been a bit BLAH lately. Gotta figure out how to eat right.
ReplyDeleteWow, $160! That's crazy, but necessary... I know you like the good ones and I don't blame you.
ReplyDeleteSo crazy how much thread costs now. Sometimes I get some passed on from other people which is nice. Always running out of white and black though!
ReplyDeleteMadeira Polyneon 40 Embroidery Thread - 1000m Cones try these they are between $8.50 to $9.90 a cone, much cheaper than gutterman $24 for 1000m at spotlight. I have been using it for quilting and statin stitch etc for years. Its very strong and my 2 machines love it. I have even pieced sometimes with it. It's 'hidden' in white drawers in lots of quilt shops, and you can get it from Sewing Direct too.
ReplyDelete