Monday, August 10, 2026

HURRY UP!

 

I'm feeling a bit frustrated.

I know I shouldn't be, but I am.

On Friday I will be taking my 3rd dose of WEGOVY.

I am on the lowest dose, and I really can't tell I'm on ANYTHING at all.

The weight I've lost so far is, I KNOW, totally down to me.

ABOVE:  From what I've read on WEGOVEY, it won't take full 'effect' until I'm on the 2.4 mg dose!

WTF?  My Dr said come back in 4 weeks to be given the next prescription for 0.5 mg.  Grrrr.

I'm going to see if this can't be hurried up a bit, when I next see him?

I'm not the most patient person, and taking a medication that cost a fucking fortune SHOULD be taking effect a damn sight faster than in 17 weeks time.

Right, little bitch and moan over.

Moving on.

It's Craft Group today.  I shall be going down mid morning, and will be working on the next Fish Runner.  

So, once I'm up I will load up my trolley and get a move on.

Catch ya later.

ONWARD...

ANON:  I  have NOT lost the 'food hunger signals' at all!  I'm waiting for that to happen, it would be fantastic if it did.

I am constantly hungry right now, and my stomach is growling something rotten.  I wake up STARVING every day.  So clearly, I am not on a dose high enough to do that yet.

Hence me wanting it to hurry up!

I lost the .400 grams I gained, and am now sitting at a 3.05 loss so far, this time around.  All down to ME.

I am not so sure about this daily weighing though, it can play with your mind I think.   

What do you think?  Continue weighing daily, or go back to once a week?

9.30 and I'm about ready to leave for the craft room.

I've made myself a lettuce salad and some almond bread for my lunch.

I saw a video the other day where a lady cooked her almond bread in the microwave.  Hmmm, sounded better than putting the electric oven on to just make one small thing.  So I tried it.

1 egg, 3/4 cup of cottage cheese, 1/2 cup of almond flour and 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder.  Whizzed it up with just the hand beater, then into a microwave dish for 2 and a half minutes.  It came out perfect!  So quick.  So easy.  So Yum!

ABOVE: A thin spread of margarine, and wrapped up ready for lunch.  BOOM!

So glad I tried that, microwave is how I will be doing that from now on.

3.20 pm, just in from Craft Group.  I worked on the next runner till my shoulders started hurting, then I just sat there and, well... yakked.  It was nice.  I did enjoy myself, and am rather happy to be part of this community now.

Now that I'm home, I'm going to be a lazy tart for a while.  My urge to do anything else is ZILCH.

WELL... I didn't resist that urge.  I've done bugger all for the rest of the day.  I might have fluffed around in Crabby Quarters for a little while, wandered around the gardens, made a Optifast/fruit smoothie for my dinner, and watched TV.

Now?  Gunna sign off.

Catch ya tomorrow.

17 comments:

  1. I can imagine the frustration you're feeling & talking to your doctor should help. You haven't had any side effects so maybe your dosage can be increased sooner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:52 AM

    You have most likely lost weight due to the food hunger signals disappearing. If you can keep this up you do not need a higher dose and possible side effects

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:37 AM

    Hi Chris, congrats on the weight loss so far :-) proud of you. My doctor always said, don't weigh yourself more than once a month, let your clothes show the results. Keep it up, you are doing amazing. Michele PN

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:04 AM

    Yes, it probably won't work until you reach the 2.4, but it is helping your blood sugar levels even at the lower doses..especially .5 and 1mg...I think just weigh once a week...like you always do and maybe eat a bit more... Peta

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:14 AM

    I had absolutely no sideffects - good or bad - till 1.7 and not really effective till 2.4.

    It’s different for everyone, though some people feel it working from the beginning it’s completely normal for you not to feel a decrease in food noise/hunger till you reach the therapeutic dose of 1.7/2.4.

    If your Dr is not used to GLP inhibitors they can be unused to how they work. The point of the low starting dose is not for that to ‘work’ at that dose but to slowly titrate you up until the lowest effective dose that achieves food suppression with the lowest possibly amount of bad side effects.

    It will take about 4 months to get to 2.4 and you can’t really rush it - my advice is slightly different to your drs. Keep taking the wegovy and watch what you eat but dont be crazy. You want to keep it sustainable until the agonists begin to kick in.

    It’s not a magic pill - it’s just a tool. Some drs treat it like it’s an old school amphetimeine diet pill and seek to minimise your use but that’s really not how GLP-1s work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous11:13 AM

      I totally agree with this comment and I am in the same boat as you, I was on Ozempic up to 1mg for diabetes control, for two years but I did not even lose anything at all... Wegovy and Ozempic are the same drug, so now on Mounjaro also on the lowest dose..having to work my way up until a therapeutic dose as well...which could also be 3-6 months...although Mounjaro does have two actions and supposedly works better...

      Delete
  6. Chris I'm not a medical person of any sort but weighing daily plays hell with ya mentally and dont recommend it
    Sadly i think it sounds like you need to go through the process. I remember when I went on the nicotine patches years ago I thought i have this sorted so to save money jumped off the smaller dose patches but the cravings came back and nope I was back to smoking again within a week who knows if I could have kicked it that time if i had stuck to it or not!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting recipe - I may have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous12:30 PM

    I'd only weigh once a week, everyday would do my head in especially if there's fluctuations

    ReplyDelete
  9. The beginning doses are just for getting you used to the medicine, and not rush going up to the next dose for a few weeks. It's not a magic medicine- it is just a tool to being healthy.
    Daily weighing is fine but it does go up and down all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. If weighing daily is doing your head in then only weigh every 2-3 days.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Don’t rush it and try to get out of self sabotage mode mate, be patient you’ve tried alot of things over last few years, let the increments increase slowly, So that you don’t have side effects or be sicker than when you started.

    I’m not sure I could weigh in everyday. How are your blood sugar readings going though?

    It’s interesting reading that when you strength train you can increase weight because if fat muscle ratio

    BUT BODY shape changes that’s where I’m at I’ve lost only 10ths in a year but I’ve dropped 6 dress sizes!
    I don’t suffer food noise never have I’m conscious of EXERCISE NOISE
    A: am I doing enough etc.

    Be kind to yourself you’re a work in progress.x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Did you see the Three news item where the journalist took Wegovy, it you can find it, be a good watch. I guess rightly or wrong- and you can't control it, lots of readers will have opinions on everything, but some will read and follow you because you are in the same situation as them - with Type 2 Diabetic or struggling with weight issues. They will look at your blog for support and inspiration, and you are keeping it real, no fluffing around. Your struggle is real! So hopefully I am not offending you in any way.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think you need an air fryer. There is so much low carb food that. you can quickly cook without using your oven. If you don't have the bench space just move something or whatever. I also think you are dieting too strictly given that you are diabetic. Considering what you used to eat (ginger loaf, scones, meals out etc) you could easily go back to normal 'diet food' without all the special ingredients. It's all about quantities, cutting sugar and meal size. Once the Wegovy kicks in more then that will take care of the diet. Patience :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I try and weigh once a, week. Those daily fluctuations do my head in. I'd rather weigh once a month. But the Temptation to have a peek is just too much. I want to lose another 10 kilos. Not much happening damn it. But I'm happy anyway.
    That bread in the microwave. Gonna try that. The oven really is a hassle. Haven't got almond flour yet. Mix is runny but good for eating. Low carb anything is just fine with me

    ReplyDelete
  15. AllyS Melbourne1:27 AM

    Everyone responds to these drugs differently. I had suppressed appetite and "food noise" almost immediately (Mounjaro) and have only gone to 5 mg in 18 months. My friend is on 5 mg has little suppression and can eat anything… I do think that your low calories are probably why you’re so hungry. Maybe have an extra shake each day? The daily weighing fluctuations do mess with your head! I just tell myself I’m doing everything right, it’ll sort itself out…. And eventually it does😊

    ReplyDelete
  16. lynney6211:37 AM

    Food is an addiction to many people just as cigarettes, alcohol, etc. An addiction is a way of covering up for lost emotions or feelings we all need. It "satifies" us,,,for a moment or so.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.