Today I don't have much on my agenda. I will wander down to the Community Centre for Coffee & Chat.
Then come home and most likely work on the latest fish runner, which I've done no work on for over two days.
No rush.
Yesterday I got Stew to hang the new painting...
ABOVE: Because I wanted the new painting in the lounge, I had to re-arrange a few things on the wall. We don't have many walls to put shit on in this house!

I think I must have been a bowerbird in a previous life. Bowerbirds like to collect pretty things for their nests. 😊🐦🏠
ONWARD...
11.20 am. There were a lot of people at Coffee & Chat this morning. Many conversations going on all at once. I left fairly early, just wasn't in the mood.
Came home and did some housework. Swept up dead succulent leaves...
ABOVE: The beautiful big succulent out our back door got HAMMERED by the huge frost we had a couple of weeks ago, and now there's so many areas that are dead and dying. It's so sad.
I swept up half a bucket full of dead leaves off the pavers this morning. There's at least another 2 bucketful's yet to fall.
I'm in such a funk right now, I don't know what to do to pick myself up.
***ADDED ONTO... in case ya already seen it.
So to cheer myself up, I'm wrapped up in my heated throw, watching a doco on YouTube. True Crime, which I love.
I have a Dr's appointment mid afternoon... getting my next WEGOVY script.
4.30 pm, and that went well. I went to a different Doctor, one who could actually see me this week. Trying to get an appointment with Leo, who we love, is just about impossible sometimes. So, we are thinking of switching to another Doctor, in a 'better' location. Where Dr Leo works, is not a very good area, and I often feel a bit unsafe there. So, change is good.
I now have the next months supply of WEGOVY, which I start NEXT FRIDAY. It only went up $25 from the first 'dose', so not too bad.
Stew will be home soon, and I'll take him up to the pub. I will then spend half an hour with him and the others, before heading over to spend some time with the kids.
ABOVE: Stew arrived home with flowers. Awww, thanks darling, that did cheer me up. I'm always telling him NOT to buy flowers as they are so expensive ... but today he ignored me. Look at that BLUE flower! It's stunning.
Well going out and spending time with our friends/family was just what I needed. I had a few laughs and some cuddles from the kids, which was just lovely.
We are now home and it's time to wind down till bedtime.
Catch ya tomorrow.


.jpg)




Love your balls. I had some and they got caught in strong wind and broke 😪
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear you’re in a funk mood. Everything in your life seems to be going well, especially how you’d settled so well into your new home environment and have lots of company when you want it. Do you think it could have something to do with your strict diet and denying yourself so much. I think it could play havoc with your mind always thinking I’m on a diet, can’t have that, I want that. Your happy endorphins need to be nourished. You are so hard on yourself Chris. You know what, you are just beautiful the way you are, yes you’d like to lose some kilos, and no doubt about it, losing kgs makes the happy endorphins sing but after being on a ‘diet’ most of your adult life (your words or thereabouts) give yourself some slack. Slow and steady I know isn’t your way, but in my opinion starving yourself to get to a happy weight just isn’t sustainable, especially as we age. Each day we live is another day ticked off our time on earth, enjoy every day my friend. Hope you find your way out of your funk. I’m supposing winter isn’t the greatest mood enhancer but Spring is on the way 💕
ReplyDeletePopping in for a quick hello.
ReplyDeleteI hope the plants and you start to perk up soon.
Time poor but have to say that blue flower in your gift from Stew is worth a million smiles
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your night 💐☕️🏝️🎸
PS the pic you bought and put up looks awesome too,
ReplyDeleteCheers 🥂
The flowers are beautiful. Stew is a sweet man. I wish my husband would give me flowers every now and then even though I know he feels them to be impractical.
ReplyDeleteHi, Chris...I love your blog. I see you are going thru that damned "aging time" when your family are all adults now and living their own lives. They go away and are busy being adults now. Ageing is the next great adjustment in life. The young, growing years you lived were the first. Just try to accept it, stay healthy, and enjoy these aging years with your great hubbie!! These last years are meant strictly for you to enjoy because you have finished your years of parenting and hard work and have built a great family who will prosper and carry on.
ReplyDelete