While yakking with the ladies yesterday down at Craft Group, the conversation turned around to diets. I said I was doing WEGOVY and Optifast. One of the ladies had lost 16 kilos just counting calories... and I asked her how she kept track of what she was eating?
She said she was using an App called 'Easy Diet Diary NZ'.
So obviously, tracking is quite important when dieting, even when you are using Optifast. I also have salads and fruit during the day, so thought... hmmmm. I might look at that App.
And after taking a while to figure it out, this was my diet diary for yesterday:
ABOVE: It was easy to do, and gives you enough information on what you are getting in the way of Proteins, Carbs etc each day, and the calories consumed. That's all I need/want.
The Weight Watchers App is beyond me, it's too bloody involved and complicated. I looked at it a couple of times and was like, HELL NO.
I like simple.
Before anyone says I'm not eating enough, this is only going to be for a month, then I will add in more foods. This is a KICK START, pure and simple. You cannot sustain such a low calorie diet like that for long. Unless you are anorexic, and well, clearly I'm not.
Oh and I am doing Optifast day on/day off, not every day. On the off days I am having a 'normal meal, but keeping it very small, with very little carbs.
So now, off that subject... I'm expecting Bex and Lily sometime today, which will be lovely.
I'm going into Crabby Quarters later on and will keep working on that Fish Runner... it was such fun working on it yesterday.
ONWARD...
I have a confession to make. I feel a little bad about something we did last night.
We locked Coco in the garage.
It was NECESSARY.
She has gone toilet inside the house three days in a row.
She goes 'zoomies' from about 12 midnight till around 3 am most nights. That involves running up and down the hallway, into our room, rolling around and sniffing and snorting under our noses, and going in and out, and in and out, AND IN AND OUT of the dog doors... and we hear it all.
Monday night she went in and out the laundry dog door at least a dozen times, if not more!
So, not a lot of sleep going on. Certainly not for me. Stew can sometimes sleep through it.
This is not unusual for her at night, but lately she's just gone into 'overdrive mode'... and it had to stop.
Yesterday I felt like a damn zombie all day, just so, so tired.
So, her bed went into the garage last night. And then she proceeded to go in and out of the garage dog door a gazillion times... just over and over again. She was just being a right tart. So I got up and locked that door as well, hoping like hell she wouldn't go potty in Crabby Quarters.
Luckily she didn't.
This morning I spent a moment rearranging a small area in Crabby Quarters so her bed would be in a good place, and out of my way.
ABOVE: And there is her new spot. There's a thick foam pad, then a blanket under her bed, so she should be warm enough. Bearing in mind she slept in the garage in our last few homes. She will be fine, she has her hot pod in her bed overnight as well.
When she got up this morning, she seemed perfectly happy too. Maybe she slept better without having the temptation of running around and causing mayhem? ππ π
It's now 9.20 am and I'm about to unpack my sewing trolley, and maybe continue working on the fish runner.
After Bex has been, I'm going over to Palmers in Frankton. I've heard they have an AMAZING gift department, and I'm on the hunt for a certain 'thing', for a Christmas Gift for someone.
Bex and Lily arrived mid morning, and *sigh*, Bex already guessed what I was looking for at Palmers. What a tart!
ABOVE: Little Miss happily lining up all the animals. She is such a happy wee kid.
Most of the time.
She ain't got red hair for nothing. ππ
ABOVE: Frankton Palmers store is very lovely, lots of interesting gifts and plants. I was not tempted to buy anything today, and what I was looking for wasn't there either.
ABOVE: On my way home I stopped in at an Op Shop and wow! I found blue glass at an incredibly low cost. I couldn't help myself, obviously.
I do already have a large vase exactly like the one on the left, but who says you can't have two??? I love them.
I just had a wrap for my lunch today. Salad/beef rissole/cheese and some hummus. OMG it was delicious.
6.30 pm and I've just stopped working in Crabby Quarters. It sure takes longer doing applique work, what with tracing out the pattern pieces, cutting then sticking them down to the backing fabric, then stitching around each and every little piece. But in saying that, it is still fun. I've finished the second fish, and will work on the third one tomorrow. Then tittivating will start. Bubbles. Maybe a tiny fish or two.
Right now though, Stew and I are about to head out for a walk around the streets. He's finally up to walking, I couldn't be happier. Someone to walk with.
Well that was a brisk walk! It is FREEZING outside, and has been all day. It has been the coldest day in New Zealand today. It even snowed in Wellington... which hardly ever happens.
It was wonderful to walk in our front door and have a warm house greet us.
The walk was 2.8 kms long and we did it in just under 30 minutes.
Time to wind down, and sign off for the day.
Catch ya tomorrow.
.jpg)







Hi, maybe Coco has a urinary tract infection? can you just lock her out of your bedroom? she probably shouldn't be cold either at her age...lol...Peta
ReplyDeleteOhhhhhh I love the blue glass vase very nice.
ReplyDeleteDog/cat doors clanging drive me nuts!
Samuel has a picture app you photograph whole meal it identifies 99% of food and calculates sooo cool the apps out there now.
Lovely you’re getting your new eating patterns sorted .
ReplyDeleteIt’s not easy but we’re here backing you..
π―
Great score at the retro shop
Very pretty , you get the most amazing things in them ,that’s for sure
Lots of brand new things too, I take in a bag of donations and end up often scoring a few things on the way out too.π―π₯πΊπΏ
I totally understand the feeling of the zooming late at night too and looks like warm and comfy where she was ,so well worth you getting your needed sleep.
Love the wee one playing with the toys and awesome she’s her Dads apprentice at times too,☕️π️
Cheers π₯
Good on you fur going for a walk in the cold night air.. walking at night is out of the question here to many open fires...just around us there is 4 houses with fire make just gardening challenge some days and god knows what the old guy up the front burns some days the smoke is as black as tar. My breathing is giving me lot of stress this winter.
ReplyDeleteI'm nearly 7 weeks post op on my knee and did manage to walk 3.6 kms today (not all in one go) but it's not easy. Some days I can hardly walk at all so it's great to see Stew's progress knowing I will improve.
ReplyDelete