Sunday, August 23, 2026

HELLO

Another slow day ahead.

The only thing on our agenda is a little family lunch.

Lots of finger foods, scones etc.

I will make a start on getting it all ready mid morning.  Until then, I think I'll go into Crabby Quarters and get my sewing trolley set up for Craft Group tomorrow.

ONWARD...
 

10.45, and I've just done a little job in Crabby Quarters that was bugging me since the other day.

I went to Spotlight and bought a bunch of plain coloured Fat Quarters, because I needed PLAIN colours for fish fins etc.  And I had NONE.

And then yesterday I remembered I had a whole bunch of fat quarters in their containers, in the bloody linen cupboard.  OUT OF SIGHT, OUT OF MIND.

So, I sent 90 minutes in Crabby Quarters, YET AGAIN re-arranging bloody shelves etc, so I could get the fat quarters BACK in Crabby Quarters.


ABOVE:  And they are back where they belong.  I now have the batting in the linen cupboard, which gave me more room to switch a bit more around. 


ABOVE: AND LOOK AT THAT!  I have three EMPTY fabric cubbies!  OMG, I have room for more fabric! 

It is almost 11 am, and I shall make a start on preparing lunch now.  It's been a busy morning already...

ABOVE: Marley up with the big girls.


ABOVE:  Lily loves playing with cars, so I bought her this car carrier and cars.   


ABOVE: She really enjoyed playing with it.

The boys were not left out, they got to raid Granddad's wallet.  πŸ˜‚πŸ˜†


ABOVE: lunch today was:  Potato pom poms with brown gravy in the middle, Potato and Onion Gratins, Scallop bites, Chicken pieces, Chicken nuggets (for Lily mostly), sausage rolls, lettuce salad, scones, grapes and pink 'n' purple cakes.

It went down very well, with very little left overs!


ABOVE: Two dogs begging for scraps.  

Coco ate some raw carrot and cucumber!  Weird dog.


ABOVE: I had some 'spare' artificial flowers and decided to give them to Lily.  


ABOVE:  She loved them, of course.


ABOVE: They won't be Lily's for long, Bex has her eye on them.  lol

It's now 2 pm and everyone has left, and it's back to us having a lovely Sunday afternoon.

The weather is packing in, lots of wind, and rain coming.  So, no walking off lunch today.  Not that I over indulged, but I did have a little bit of everything, except the sausage rolls and chicken nuggets.

LOL, Lily found somewhere for 'her' flowers:

ABOVE: on top of her dolls house!

7.40 pm, and indeed we have had a very relaxing afternoon.
I just finished packing my trolley in readiness for tomorrow's craft group.  I'm working on two large Green Braid Runners.  And that's it for the day.
Catch ya tomorrow.

11 comments:

  1. Hello, and good morning and all that. Have a productive day of sewing. I'm working on my "Script supervisor" homework. I am fouling it up ..... But I think I know why. So I shall fix it after this little
    internet procrastination" .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rainy yuck here too.
    Worked until 3am watched rugby woke up 1.40ppm!
    Still in bed scrolling lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg Lily is gorge 🧑

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kiwionholidays3:36 PM

    Fabulous wee crabby quarters all stacked up ready for work,,It looks lovely
    So nice you had an indoor day with having family over for lunch cos I see weathers not too great there today,
    Those flowers are lovely such a wee cutie looking after them for Mum lol

    Fingers foods great too for growing young ones , they would’ve loved it πŸ§‡Even the fur babies get to have snippets too.staying close to Lacy ..🐢
    I can’t believe how quickly Archer and Dante have grown ,
    From pics you put up other day.
    Did Stew watch the game early hours of this morning .?
    πŸ‰πŸŽΈπŸ•ΊπŸΏ
    Cheers πŸ₯‚

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stew always tapes the game if it's on in the wee hours. He got up and watched it at 8 this morning.

      Delete
    2. Anonymous4:44 PM

      ☕️πŸ‰πŸ₯

      Delete
  5. Anonymous4:02 PM

    That Lily is adorable!! So cute! Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a delicious selection of food . Yum!!
    And that cutest little Lily. You took some really delightful pics

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous7:31 PM

    You always put on a great lunch spread!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good place for your flowers Lily

    ReplyDelete
  9. You certainly know how to put out a scrumptious spread out. Everything looked dang good. Lily is just precious.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.