Saturday, July 18, 2026

TAMAHERE MARKET IN JULY

 

It is about 6 degrees C right now, so no frost, just heavy dew.  That's awesome eh?

The weather is supposed to be not too bad today, but that depends on what forecast you look at!  One says showers all day and the other says no rain.  Grrrr.

Usually I don't give a shit what the weather is going to be, but on Market Days?  It's the most important thing.

So, fingers crossed we get no rain.

Right, let's get a move on...

ABOVE:  I am really looking forward to using the little gas heater today.  I am wondering if it helps warm up the entire stall, or just me? 😊

ONWARD...


ABOVE: Doesn't it look fab!  It is 7.22 am and we are ready a full hour before market officially starts.  And it is NOT freezing cold! Everyone is saying the same thing, not too cold. Most unexpected.  It is cloudy, so keeping our fingers crossed for no rain, as we have a lot out that would get wet. 

ABOVE: And today I get to use the little gas heater for the first time. It is WONDERFUL.  

ABOVE: One of our most colorful stall holders! She found a jumper that matched her hair and was thrilled to bits.  For the life of me I can't remember her name.  Shes a lovely lady.  Bex just told me her name is Toni.

OMG.... we are making some AWESOME Sales today! I've already sold all three smaller green braid runners I made this week.  
And the sales keep coming.... this day has restored my morale and confidence in my work.

2 pm. Home again. Exhausted.  It was a busy day, and we did so well!  I am now going to be even busier making more of the smaller braid runners, particularly in the greens.  

The highlight of the day?

ABOVE: See that lady and her two kids?  They walked into our stall and the little girl fell in love with one of the runners with lambs on it.  But she didn't have enough money and they left.
When they walked past on their way out, we called them back into the stall, and we told the little girl she could have the runner with the lambs on it.  For free.  
And the mother was like "NO, you can't do that, you need to make some money for it."  We then  had a bit of a back and forth conversation, and in the end I won.  The little girl got her runner for free, and I made the mother CRY!  She couldn't believe we would just give it away.

THAT'S what I love doing, at every market I give something away.  I actually ended up giving away two runners today.  lol

And I made a woman cry.  I don't think I've done that before.

So yeah, it was a neat day.  

I put some Lamb Shanks in the crock pot with veges and mint sauce before we left... OMG, the smell when we arrived home.  So delicious.  I can't wait for dinner.

7.18 pm.  Dinner was lovely.  Now... Stew is watching rugby, All Blacks vs. Ireland.  I have no interest in it, so am taking myself off to bed.  I shall scroll the 'net.  

Catch ya tomorrow.

18 comments:

  1. Hope people with Money show up and actually BUY your beautiful creations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rhonda1:20 PM

    So happy the market is going well. Please never think it is your work when you may not get the results you were hoping from a market! The world wide economy is shite atm. I’m sure there are many potential buyers who admire your work but may not be able to stretch their finances that far at this time. It will get better as it always does. Hang in there! You are a very very talented lady

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you Rhonda, that's so nice of you to say.

      Delete
  3. Anonymous1:23 PM

    Amazing on the sales today. It was worth the time and effort this week to make the smaller runners and change up the colours. You knew exactly what the customers wanted which highlights your confidence and knowledge with your sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:59 PM

    Your little heater might be a lucky charm lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwwwww yay for you how cool to gift things, that’s lovely and they won’t forget that.
    I have relaxed and rested in sun!
    I’m sick but don’t have sick days yet next week I do, oh the irony!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you feel better soon chick.

      Delete
  6. Anonymous4:13 PM

    That was so sweet of you! I know that little girl was so excited!! Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Happy! I'm so glad!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous5:53 PM

    Good people attract good people, I bet she gives you a glowing recommendation amongst her people!! Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous6:01 PM

    Hi Chris , glad you had a good day, such a lovely story about the little girl
    she’ll be able talk about how she got her runner with lambs on it for years to come.
    Robyn x

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's just gone 6 and im just home been wondering how you day went sounds wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww. Wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Look at those fabulous colours, the chair, all the runners, your stall...... and your jacket!
    And you are awesome for giving the runner to the little girl!!! So glad you sold so much.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So glad you had a profitable market day. You're a very kind person. Giving away a runner because you saw how much it meant to the little girl made me tear up!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awww that's sweet! I give stuff away sometimes too. Mostly to little kids lol.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.