Sunday, July 26, 2026

CLOTHING SWAP

 

There is a lady here in the village who is very gung ho with organising activities, events etc.

I don't think she's been living here that long, maybe a couple of years. edit:  She's only been here 9 months.   But anyway, she's right into getting super involved in most aspects of the village.

Today for the first time, she's running an event which involves taking any GOOD QUALITY, and in GOOD CONDITON clothes you want to swap down to the Community Centre, where you can then take anything in exchange.

So that's what I will be doing after lunch.  I've found three dresses in near perfect condition that I will take down and see what's there that I might like.

Knowing the people living here, I am doubtful I will find anything to my taste, but ya never know.

Before that, Stew wants to go for a bloody walk.  And it's freezing.  I am thankful the man is wanting to go for a walk!  Maybe that knee is finally starting to feel better? So .... I think we will just walk around the streets here for now.  I had thought of along the river bank, but it's likely to be muddy and slippery after all the rain we have had lately.

ONWARD...

11.15 am, and we have been for a walk around the neighbourhood.  It was cold, but not freezing by the time we left.

ABOVE: This little stream is dammed up to form a little lake (behind me)... this is the overflow/outlet. 

I like the bush.


ABOVE: It must be a very shallow 'lake'.  And in summer I've heard it's swarming with mosquitoes and stinky duck shit.  No thanks.  


ABOVE: Something I've wanted to do for ages, so I did it today.  I was tempted to do more, but thought I better not.  So many people here get their tits in a knot over NOTHING.


ABOVE: Was I silly to sign my name I wonder?  lol

We had lunch at Robert Harris Coffee Shop in Chartwell Square.  It is the LAST time we are going there.
I got my Chicken Filo and salad and had totally finished it and Stew still had not got his meal!  He finally got it about 10 minutes after I had finished mine.  
We also got a piece of cake each...

ABOVE: I was appalled that they would serve it looking like that!  Like WTF?
Presentation is very important when it comes to food.  I don't care that it is 'only' a cafe, they should take more pride in their presentation.

ABOVE: That was Stew's Lemon Drizzle cake... another bloody disaster.  And he didn't eat much of it as it was so dry.
Robert Harris gets a 4/10.  
Rather disappointed in our lunch.

Home now, and sitting listening to a 'who done it' on YouTube while keeping warm.  The clothing swap is in an hour, so I shall wander down there later.
4.22 pm.  Well the clothing swap went very well, quite a few ladies there.  I only found one thing to take, a little denim jacket for someone... possibly Emily.
I scored a tablecloth too... it was on the table for afternoon tea and I commented how lovely it was.  So it became mine, as it's owner didn't even like it.
I'll show it to you another day, it needs a wash now.
Now that I'm home, I am again all rugged up keeping warm.  Our heat pump is on the blink, I don't think it has been going properly ever since we moved in here.
I shall be ringing a technician tomorrow to come and suss it out.  It might be a case of fix, or get a new one.
Steve called in and reckons he can dismantle the sofa bed and get it out of the front room ... maybe  next weekend.
No rush, our new chair won't be here for a couple of months.
6.35 pm.  I have spent a good hour or more in Crabby Quarters, cutting out fabric for binding.  I am going to Craft Group tomorrow morning, and will work on binding as many of those smaller braid runners while there.
It's all ready to go in the morning.  
And that is me for the day... catch ya tomorrow.

7 comments:

  1. What is that? It looks like snow/frost...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kiwionholidays3:12 PM

    Hiya Chris
    So neat to catch up on all your news over there ..
    Nice places to walk not too far away from you

    What a great idea leaving your mark in the Dew ,,

    We built our first home in our early 20s and in one of the concrete pours, my DH drew a heart and put both our initials,
    In a place in the corner of a path,,
    ,that started a trend And did it on every new home we
    Built lol Just our wee stamp on the place πŸ’―☕️πŸŽΈπŸ•ΊπŸΏπŸ‰

    Hope you got some exciting stuff at the clothes swap …?

    Our daughters and friends, do the same quite often and get some really neat gear ,

    Take care catchup soon
    Cheers πŸ₯‚

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:20 PM

    Very sloppy presentation by that cafe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous4:59 PM

      It sure is ,presentation shows care for your customers

      Delete
  4. Im not a Robert Harris fan but do like the scroggin slice they have here at our local branch. I'd send a message to the franchise head that presentation and service is super bad.
    We have Cafe in Hornby I went to for my birthday lunch nearly 4 years ago a largish group of us 6-8 usually ate there when I came to CHCH to catch up. On my birthday the food was disgusting and when I commented I wasn't given any reply in English I could repeat. so I thought stuff this "new manager" is not seeing us again so we now go to cafe at the hornby club 'beautiful'! except I don't like the brand of coffee they use but hey I have gone of most cafe coffee brands since moving out of CHCH and the cafe cultural life.
    Might have only been 8 lunches a month but none of us have gone back since so that is over 80 customers a year plus who ever else have followed us to club cafe too...bad service on one day hurts the pocket.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rhonda7:04 PM

    Presentation is so important! Hoping you made your views known before you left. Or maybe a google review? Helps people avoid the disappointment you had today! Not good enough!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.