Yesterday was SUCH a good day! We got so many jobs done, I'm thrilled to bits. Stew was on fine form, and did not mutter, or huff and puff AT ALL! I think he was just so relieved he didn't end up having to assemble the new cabinet. 😂😊😉 (Thank You Steve!)
ABOVE: Instead of using wire for the passionfruit vines to grow on, Stew decided some trellis would work better. So there it is and it looks great. I hope the vines grow.
1. Some are for next winter, when I'm a bit smaller, so smaller sizes.
2. Some are going to the op shop once I outgrow them.
3. Some are heavy weight, and some are lightweight, as you need choices depending on the weather.
4. Some are for 'just around the house/village', and some are for wearing 'out', and are a bit more 'dressy'.
5. And some I just love and will never part with!
GEORGIA : Thanks for the suggestion of turning the cupboard around, sadly it can't be done as it would jut out into the room too much. Good idea had the short wall been longer.
Today is supposed to be a bit wet, so a quiet day at home is on the cards. Bex is doing the Cambridge Trash 'n' Treasure market, I hope she doesn't get rained out.
ONWARD...
ABOVE: 9.30 am, and we decided to visit Bex at the Cambridge market. It hasn't rained, but is quite overcast and cool.
The market had a decent number of visitors, a few less stall holders. Bex was all set up when we arrived:
ABOVE: Unfortunately the lady right next to Bex was also selling crocheted toys... though she uses chunkier wool. Bex's are more dainty, which I prefer. Hopefully she still does OK.
We had a wander around, and I saw a framed photo and was like... STEW, buy it!
ABOVE: My darling bought it. It is the Cambridge Anglican Church, where we have a couple of GOOD markets a year. In fact, the next one is this month, on Labour Day. Sharon, I think we are seeing you and your sister that day?
It is now 11 am, and we are home again. Thinking about just relaxing today and doing bugger all. My shoulders are really sore, probably down to sewing so much last week. I think I better give them a rest.
There's a couple of little jobs for Stew, but nothing too onerous.
8.20 pm. Those little jobs got done. I hung the new picture on our 'we have lived here' wall.
Dinner was BBQ spare ribs and veges.
I sussed out what to take to the craft room tomorrow, then just sat and watched TV, did an online jig saw on the laptop etc.
Now... we are both knackered. We have enjoyed our weekend, but are ready for bed. It's still a bit too early for me, so I'll hang out for a couple more hours. I might even go and get my sewing trolley ready for tomorrow.
Catch ya then.
.jpg)






I love the picture. Bex's stall looks amazing. Hopefully you and Stew get to rest a bit today!
ReplyDeleteNice day and yes that’s the plan to pop in to the market, and pick up our scrappy dolls.
ReplyDeleteIt’s always a good job done to sort through clothes either weight loss wise or change
Of season.