First up for the day?
Coffee & Chat down in the Community Centre.
Hopefully it's a nice group, with good conversation.
Once that is done, I'll come home and do a bit of sewing... working on a new project. Maybe I'll get it to a point where I can show you ... later on today.
After lunch I have a bloke coming to suss out us getting one of these:
ABOVE: I'd like an awning out from our dining room/kitchen area. To increase the covered area out there so I can A) put washing out there on racks without it getting wet, and B) provide shade in summer.
So that bloke is due around 1 pm today. It would be neat if it can be done soonish.
ONWARD...
3.05 pm.
Coffee & Chat was nice this morning. Quite a few people there.
After that I came home to do some sewing.
Had some lunch.
The bloke from the Awning place arrived and measured up.
His quote has already come in. I won't be getting an awning! It was like, twice the price I expected!
And I really only want it to keep the washing dry... might as well throw it in the dryer. I can certainly think of a better way to spend $6,600!
ABOVE: Another sneak peek at my next runner... I still have a bit more work to do on it. I probably won't get it finished today.
I've got WW this evening... so will be stopping work at about 5.30 pm.
7.50 pm, and WW this evening was nice. I enjoy going now that I don't actually weigh in! I like the company now that I know most of them who attend regularly.
Stew went for his walk while I was out, it's good that he is getting his exercise, and his knee is coming along so well. He is still limping a bit, but not too badly. He still has some pain, and getting on his knees to do anything is still not possible. Lucky he doesn't have to weed gardens any more eh? 😃😆😅
And... that's my day done and dusted, just watching the telly till bedtime. Plotting my next runner... you get to see what I made today ........ tomorrow.

-1920w.webp)


Those awnings are amazing in the summer. Not so sure about rain protection as ours went mouldy. It was put away without completely drying after a week of rain. Just something to keep in mind and ask the guy.
ReplyDeleteWhat are your favourite shake flavours? Tried any of the bars? I'm thinking of doing a blast of Opti fast before summer. KarenAK
Make sure the awning is approved by the Village. Don't want any more mishaps.
ReplyDeleteYes, those awnings are expensive and can't be open in windy conditions...dryer and a sun umbrella are cheaper...lol. Peta
ReplyDeleteA buzzy bee happening in crabby quaters?? Jeeze that a hell of a price for awning nearly 7 grand
ReplyDeleteIt might beeeeee..... lol
DeleteSo a friend of mine puts a waterproof tarpaulin heavy duty pegged over line with sides down 50% now it wasn’t the ugly blue they got old caravan awnings waterproofed
ReplyDeleteIt and had an upholster sew it OR another friends husband installed a bigger wider one above pullouts and made his own cover and voila waterproofing.
We had one of those awnings and the rain always blew in. They are for sun. We hated it. I still can’t go on my knees after having knee replacements years ago. Gigi
ReplyDeletePity about the awning. Has a very pleasing look. Oh well
ReplyDeleteI just banged my knee. It's a pain lol when you can't use it properly. Great that Stews knee is getting better
I don't believe you are supposed to kneel on replaced knees.
ReplyDelete