Tuesday, September 15, 2026

LAST CHANCE

 

After making three attempts at an oven mitt yesterday, with no happy ending, I'm giving it ONE LAST CHANCE today.

I'm not holding my breath either, because I'm just not convinced I can get one that I like, and one that will pass the 'Sewing Room Squad's' approval too.  

I still have to unload the sewing trolley after using it yesterday... yep, that's how lazy I was yesterday afternoon!

So, I'll get that done then I will do my 'hill walk'.

After that I am going to attend Coffee & Chat in the Community Centre.

And then I'll come home and get on with the dreaded Oven Mitt project.

Just to clarify something:  The Pot Mitts I made last week are only for pots on the stove, NOT dishes that are coming out of the oven.  Oven Mitts have heavy insulated batting, so you don't burn your hands on REALLY HOT dishes and oven racks.

ONWARD...

11.45 am.

And that's possibly the LAST TIME I got to Coffee & Chat!  We were happily yakking and the conversation veering onto Maori Language and other languages being taught in schools etc etc.

It wasn't a RACIST conversation, we all have our own opinions on subjects like this.

But one lady decided that ALL WE EVER TALK ABOUT at Coffee & Chat is racism, and she wasn't happy about it.  She made me feel so uncomfortable, and kinda angry. So I up and left half an hour early.

I mean, I am bloody 100% positive we have not discussed the Maori Language or culture EVER before.  And today's conversation was certainly NOT racist.

I'm going to talk privately with a few other people who were there this morning and get there opinions... have I missed days when racism was talked about?  Or was this lady just venting with a bee in her bonnet?

I am finding out slowly how fucking 'touchy' some people can be here!  It makes me want to retreat into our home and not venture out again.

I haven't come here to be involved in this sort of shit, that's for sure.

After leaving there, I went to the supermarket for just a couple of things.  Now that I'm home I'm cooking some lunch.

Then I'm joining one of my neighbours to be shown how to play.............   FUCKING BOWLS!

Yep.  There's a charity bowls tournament on next week, and I've been badgered into joining a team.

Save me now.

ABOVE: Well it finally happened!  I played bowls.  VERY BADLY.  Though I did 'win' three ends out of about eight. lol

Oz and I will have another practise before next week's tournament.  And I will wear a t-shirt, cos you get a bit warm playing that shit.

I can't see me continuing with bowls ... one off's here and there would be OK, but not as a regular thing.  

It is now 2.30 pm and I really don't feel like doing much else right now, so I will blob out for a while, and listen to a true crime doco while doing a jig saw.

7.15 pm.  Just home from Weight Watchers, which was a very small meeting.  There are less and less people attending WW now.  Could be the price.  Could be just because it's cold.  Who knows?  It's certainly NOT as popular as it used to be.

Stew arrived home and went for a walk, so he's just walked in the door as well.

I lay on the couch for an hour this afternoon, put my earrings in my sweatshirt pocket.  When I got up I had lost one of my earrings.  I hunted under the couch and all over the house to no avail.

Stew helped me look under the couch again just now, using a torch and Yaaa! We found it.  It was really upsetting me as they were a pair that our grandson Archer gave me for Christmas.  And I love them.  

ABOVE:  These are the earrings I love so much.  They have coloured sand and tiny REAL seashells in them.  

So that's my day, done and dusted.  I'm now going to sit and warm up under my heated throw, because it was bloody cold at the WW meeting.  

Bring on summer... then I can bitch and moan about being too hot.  😂😅😂

6 comments:

  1. Oh that’s sad, Religion race and finances all decisive topics.

    I’m full full of spring joy NOT

    NO voice
    Dry throat
    Hellish cough and fever I think I’ve had covid again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no. Not good to be arguing over such divisive topics! Bowls, now there is one I didn't expect. Good on you for giving it a go. My father played bowls as I grew up. He really got into it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Luckily the coffee group I go to does not get political, religious, racist Discussions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im with you you cant breathe the wrong way and what ever is racist. I don't put the news on because of the maori intro. I was at school as an adult student my partner was samoan (I was doing English teacher came in and greeted us kiaora so i said talofa lava) she got grumpy but i made my point I was there to learn English not maori

    ReplyDelete
  5. Damn. Such a pity there is one ignoramus to ruin the atmosphere, ruin your companionable sewing. Good thing you walked away. Keep those toxic people far far away.
    Bowls on the green. Big smile. Reminds me of the small town I grew up in. There was a bowls court down by the netball and tennis courts. A group of leisurely old ladies always playing down there

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful earrings 😍

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.