Sunday, August 30, 2026

VILLAGE LUNCH

 

After thinking about it for a little while last night, I've decided to make a few smaller sized 'Wave' Runners.

They are a bit time consuming, with lots of satin stitch, but worth it.

I will get a couple laid out this morning.

There is a Village lunch today.  The menu is a choice of two soups, and breads.  I will have the soup, but not the bread.  Stew will no doubt eat my share of the bread. πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜‹

It will be nice for Stew to mix 'n' mingle with more of the people who live here.  He hasn't had many chances to do that yet.

Once lunch is over, we might just go out and about... destination unknown right now.

ONWARD...

ABOVE:  Well I totally forgot what a pain cutting strips for waves was!  I have got ONE ready for stitching.  But then I lie.  I still have to pin all those bloody strips down.  πŸ˜–πŸ˜•

It can wait.  I'm going to get myself ( I mean my FACE) ready for lunch.  It is another miserable, dreary day out there, so uninviting to go out and about.

Welllllll... I got the date wrong.  The Sunday lunch is NEXT Sunday, and we have the Cambridge Trash & Treasure market on that day.  So scrap the Sunday Lunch.

What a twat, I didn't read the notice properly.

Oh well... it means we are now definitely going out and about.  I have an idea...




ABOVE: In no particular order! Bought a chair. In Auckland. 

ABOVE: 2.24 pm... And now we are at Sylvia Ppark for a very late lunch. I'm having a kebab, it will be worth it. Sylvia Park has changed quite a lot since the last time we were here. I don't even remember the last time we were here. It is crazy busy, masses of people! 
4.35 pm, and we are safely home again.  The trip up and back was fairly uneventful... just really blustery wind to contend with.

ABOVE: And there the chair sits in it's box... patiently waiting for Stew to put it together.  Right now, he's watching RUGBY again.  Go figure.
I'm going to unbox the chair so I can get the dimensions of the back of the seat as I'm going to make a cover for it, with my name on it.  That way there's no doubt who's chair it is in the craft room.  I'm happy for anyone to use it, but NOT if I'm there and want to sit in it. πŸ˜‚
6.30 pm, and I'm done for the day.  Pinning those wave strips down will have to wait until tomorrow.  I'm just not in the mood.  And there's no rush.
Catch ya tomorrow, I'm now going to sit and watch some stupid TV, or something on YouTube or Netflix... gosh there's so much choice now days.  Love it.

5 comments:

  1. Penny2:27 PM

    Nice one! I forgot you had IKEA now. I just bought an office chair from Officeworks here in Melbourne. Must assemble it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kiwionholidays7:10 PM

    Good on you guys heading up there and getting what you needed.it will be great to have down in the Craftroom .

    We are hours from an IKEA now , maybe just as well,, cos they have so many neat things to buy

    Yep later dinner prep here tonight as welllol cos there is game highlights on as well lolπŸ‰ but still light n sunny across the Tassie ,πŸ’―πŸ‰πŸΆπŸŽΈ☕️πŸ₯


    Cheers πŸ₯‚

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a nice change-of-scene outing for you and Stew today. Have a lovely week ahead πŸ˜€

    ReplyDelete
  4. NZ has Ikea. I used to love wandering round there, drinking cheap coffee and buying useless small bits which added up to too much at the cash desk. It's in Athens and just seems too far now. And has got far more expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. AllyS Melbourne10:40 PM

    That's so funny- we went to IKEA yesterday- first time in years and I thought about you when I saw the office chairs! Managed to get to the other end without buying anything but was looking at the Kallax cube storage for my sewing area - $ 229, but found one on Facebook marketplace for $ 20.. score! Picked it up this morning, now going back to ikea on Thursday to buy the storage boxes 😊

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.