Saturday, August 08, 2026

SECOND FISH DONE AND NAMED

 

After dinner last night, I went back into Crabby Quarters with the intention of tidying it up, and putting away everything from the sewing trolley.

Well I did all that, then I decided to stitch around the second fish on the current Fish Runner.

ABOVE:  I am naming this guy 'HAPPY'.  I had JUST finished stitching him when I got a message from my girlfriend Sandra in Palmerston North.  And yeah, this runner is already sold!  πŸ˜‚πŸ˜ŠπŸ’™πŸ’—πŸ’œ  It makes me laugh when a runner is sold even before it's finished.

I will be working on the runner a bit later on today.  But first, I'm going to Chartwell Square with Stew this morning.

We are going to have a wander around before coming home for lunch.  No more (for now) lunches out and about.  πŸ˜•  But, that's OK, I am holding firm on my resolve to lose some weight before summer.

ABOVE:  There's Stew ... reading up on how to administer my injection last night.  I'm sure he will get familiar with it soon.  It is certainly different to the Trulicity injection.

I was a bit stressed out in anticipation of the injection, but seriously, I didn't feel A THING!  It's such a relief, because I want this to work so much.

I haven't really noticed any changes to how I feel about food/hunger yet.  What is working is sheer bloody minded will power at the moment!  

ABOVE: Yep, this is me to a 'T'.  I will never give up on trying to be healthier, it may be a bit hit and miss/on and off.... but I always come back to it.  I am just hoping THIS TIME I really can stay on track and not gain any more weight.

I ONLY need to lose 15 kilos... surely I can do that? 

ONWARD... 

12.30 .

ABOVE: Chartwell Square this morning, dead as a dodo.


ABOVE:  I treated myself to a small hot chocolate.  It was delicious.


ABOVE:  I added half a pear to my Optifast, and whizzed it up in the Nutribullet.  It's SO MUCH NICER!  I will be doing that from now on.

I use Scentsy Wax Melt things to make the house smell lovely.  A long time ago I ran out of the Scentsy Wax Melts, so bought an alternative from Acquisitions at The Base.

ABOVE: That's what I bought.  And instantly regretted it.  The smell is TOO STRONG, and not to my taste at all.
So, basically been using something I don't like for months.  Derrr.
Bex gave me some of the true Scentsy wax melts the other day (thanks Bex πŸ’œπŸ’™πŸ’—), but I still wanted to get more.

I finally contacted my friend Nicky, who sells Scentsy, and we visited her today.

ABOVE: That lot should see us right for a while, plus I've ordered more.  Poor Stew's wallet is now empty!  lol

ABOVE: Turned on, and awaiting the smell to drift through the house.  I can't wait.  It's sometimes the simple things that make you happy.  This makes me happy.

And my heated throw.  I'm super duper happy to be under it right now.
We went to the supermarket after visiting Nicky, and now I'm just a bit cold.  NOT as cold as other people of course, sorry other people. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜–

5.30 pm, and I have another pizza base in the oven.  Trying a different recipe this time, it's basically the same recipe as the low carb Sandwich Thins I made the other day.
It is already smelling great.

Well that pizza base was too thick, but we still enjoyed it.  Next time I will spread it out heaps more.
WE are now going to hunker down and enjoy the evening in front of the telly, keeping warm.
Though, it's nowhere near as cold today.  We didn't have a frost, and certainly not expecting one tomorrow.

Catch ya tomorrow.

6 comments:

  1. Rhonda11:26 AM

    Love Happy the Fish. I was wondering how you felt after a week on the new medication. You are doing really, really well. I can tell you are motivated

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kiwionholidays1:00 PM

    Great to catch up with you here today.
    Fantastic results at your loss ,that’s so good of an accomplishment, so early on in the plan
    It’s like all our plans bit by bit and we get there .πŸŽΈπŸ•ΊπŸΏ


    Can’t believe Chartwell Square was so empty, but sometimes it’s good without the crowd when shopping
    πŸ›️
    Did Stew do the late night watch of the πŸ‰in S.A
    DH got up for it live ,😴but I can watch replay at a reasonable hour lol

    cheers πŸ₯‚

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stew recorded the game and watched it when he got up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous3:32 PM

      πŸ’―πŸ️☕️

      Delete
  4. Love the look of that empty square. We are having coffee, 8am, and it's very and quiet on the waterfront. Won't be for long!! Midsummer craziness here on a greek island 😏πŸ«ͺ

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm, I must have missed the post about PIZZZA BASE. I shall keep scrolling and see what that is!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.