Thursday, August 13, 2026

COFFEE & CHAT

 

We have been here for almost 15 months, and I can now say I feel really integrated into this community.

This week I've been involved with something or other here in our village every day.

And today is no exception.

I'm off to Coffee & Chat this morning, and then I will be taking a few clothes I no longer want down to the 'Recycling Room'. That is where you can drop off unwanted items, and go through what's there, and take whatever you want.

It's a great new facility, recently set up by one of our residents.  Anything not taken after a certain period of time will be given to a charity shop.

After that I will come home and continue working on the fish runner.  I would like to think I'll get it finished today.

ONWARD...

12.15 pm.  Morning tea was interesting.  It is amazing how many of us girls have struggled with our weight!  The conversation turned to that issue because a couple of ladies noticed I wasn't eating any of the biscuits, and I explained how I was on a diet.

So some interesting conversations were had.  Now they are all going to be watching me!  Wonderful, let's add to the pressure for this to work!  Though, it will work, cos my motivation has not been this good in years.

I just had a lettuce salad, with a beef rissole and some cheese.  It was so yum.  Any food is yum right now of course.

I'm trying to do day on/day off with the Optifast and salads.  Seems to be working so far.

I'm taking a bit of time out now, before heading into Crabby Quarters to sew.

ABOVE: Today's salad:  Lettuce, carrot, 1 chopped up rissole, 3 small slices of salami, cheese, and cooked red onion. And a little bit of Lite & Free Honey Mustard Dressing.


ABOVE: The improved fish from yesterday... with luscious lips and eyelashes.  It gives it more character.

I have just finished all the stitching on this runner, and tomorrow I will add the backing fabric and binding.  Then it will be ready for market.

I am taking another break, as I don't want to aggravate my shoulders too much.  My left shoulder is still the worst, but it's settled down a bit.  Not all better, but slightly improved.  I can at least put my bra on without swearing now.  😂😅😖

Hindsight is a bitch, and I am sure we all have moments where we wish we could turn back the clock, and say or do something differently.

I know as I age, those moments come more often for some reason.  Or I am remembering things from ages ago, and going 'Damn!!! Why did I let that happen, do that, say that and so on?"  With age comes wisdom.  And regrets.

I have a deep regret that I didn't stand up to some people and say NO.  This is a recent thing, and it will eat away at me for a while I suspect. 

Just my mind wandering this afternoon.  It happens. *sigh*

8.14 pm, and it's been another lovely day.

I took Stew to the pub, and spent about half an hour with him, our son Steve and our friends, before going over to spend an hour with Bex and the kids.  

Then back to the pub, where I spent a lovely hour having conversations and laughs with the regulars and our friend.

Home now, and all snuggled up, ready to kill the next 2-3 hours in front of the telly.

Catch ya tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. The recycling room is such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing well!! Go you 👏

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:19 PM

    Salad looks and sounds yum

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your poor shoulder. I injured my left shoulder nearly two weeks ago, and it is slowly getting better, but a couple of days ago it was killing me to wash my hands or tie my shoelaces. I had a Chinese massage yesterday morning, and by late afternoon I thought I had made a mistake, as it hurt like hell. But this morning it is so much better. You have my sympathies. Take care x

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.