Thursday, August 27, 2026

COFFE & CHAT?

 

It's another day where I could attend Coffee & Chat down in the Community Centre.  And I'm of two minds if I even want to attend any more.

It's been a good way to meet more people here in the village, but *sigh*... I am not exactly enjoying it any more.  It's the same 10-ish people, the same conversations (mostly), and I don't even enjoy being around a couple of those people.  πŸ˜–πŸ˜’

So, totally not sure I'm going or not yet.  Maybe I'll go down, see who's there then decide if I'll stay or not.

I'm definitely going to the supermarket sometime today.  I want to get a few things that I can do in the air fryer... I'm dying to try it out.

I am going to ask Google what sorts of food I can cook in it before I go to the supermarket.  Bearing in mind I am on a friggin 'diet' again... so have to keep that in mind as well.

Question:  Are potato chips 'healthy' done in an air fryer?  Or am I clutching at straws?

ONWARD...

2.02 pm.

I went to C & C, it was OK. I left there after about 45 minutes  and did a grocery shop. Bought a selection of things to try in the air fryer. But not ready made chips. I'm going to make my own.

Had lunch. Now I'm sewing.

I just tried something in the air fryer.

I VERY thinly sliced some potato and onion, combined them with a beaten egg and some garlic and herb salt, added a couple of tablespoons of parmesan cheese, and spread it out thinly on some baking paper.  Chucked it in the air fryer for 12 minutes on 200 C.  Pulled it out half way to flip it over (and removed the paper) ... and BOOM!

ABOVE: That worked, and I can use that for the base of a roll up, like you would a wrap. I also think it could be used like a 'mock' pizza base too.  My god that air fryer is so fast and easy to use.  I'm already in love with it.

7.45 pm.  Stew and I went for a 30 minute walk when he arrived home from work... it took us to the pub. lol
After spending half an hour with Stew and the gang, I walked home.  Then jumped in the car and went over to visit the kids.
7 pm saw me back at the pub for another half an hour, before we both came home.
I've just cooked Stew some food in the air fryer for his dinner, it took 10 minutes!  
Never again will I have to wait for the oven to heat up, then 20-25 minutes for the food to cook.
As per usual, it is now time to snuggle down and watch the telly till bedtime.
Catch ya tomorrow.

11 comments:

  1. I hope you don't give up on the Craft group. Those are some of the perks of "Village Life".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, i really like the craft group.

      Delete
    2. Oh - I get it. They are two separate groups... .

      Delete
  2. Anonymous10:19 AM

    Frozen chips are great in the air fryer. If you only have a handful of those, you'll find it really easy to do them. They're pretty much a staple in our house. xx Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would say potato chips are “healthier” in the air fryer because you need bugger all oil. I put the potatoes in a bowl with a little bit of oil, whatever flavouring I want then give them a good shake and put them in the air fryer to cook.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:42 AM

    Same as Tracy. I cut potatoes up into strips, coat them ina tiny bit of oil and in the air fryer for 7 minutes one side, 7 minutes the other side. Quick and easy. No need to buy frozen chips.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rhonda2:13 PM

    I agree with previous posts about frozen and freshly made potato chips. Frozen chips don’t usually need any oil to become nice and crunchy. It’s a trial and error learning to use the air fryers. I only use cooking oil spray when I cook, either in the air fryer or oven or cook top. You get the same result and calories/kilojoules are minimal. Sweet potato chips are amazing in the air fryer as are pumpkin chips. Chicken breast, pork medallions, lamb, beef and especially salmon and fish are delicious cooked in the air fryer. If you like potato in their jackets, cooking them in the air fryer is quick as are corn cobs etc. I better stop here lol, you get the message that I cook almost everything in my air fryers. Love them to bits. They are much more than heating appliances for ready made frozen snacks and meals. Good luck and have getting to know a new way of cooking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous11:05 PM

      Totally agree .Live the air fryer too.πŸ’―πŸ₯πŸŽΈπŸ️πŸ•ΊπŸΏπŸ‰☕️

      Delete
  6. All I ever used my air fryer for was cooking frozen potato chips which I'm not all that fussed on anyway so I sold it when I moved from the farm and never regretted it. I use my bench top cook oven been cooking n this house 3 years and used the big oven maybe 5 times and one of those was last sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. AllyS. Melbourne10:47 PM

    .Love the airfryer. I’m on my eighth one, I keep changing as new ones come on the market…. My latest ( and favourite) is the Ninja Crispi Pro. Love the glass dish, so much easier to clean, and doesn’t take up as much bench space. Use it every single day. Best oven fries I’ve found are the ones from Aldi.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous1:25 AM

    I use mine for “hard boiled eggs” no water. Just put 3 or 4 eggs in a dry air fryer, set temperature at 270F for 16 minutes and you will have perfect eggs. Gigi

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.