Friday, July 24, 2026

WELL I TRIED

 


ABOVE:  Last night I did try to find some fabric that I could make into duvet covers.  This was the only one that I was certain I had enough of to do it with, but as you can see, it's just too busy.  
And I wasn't going to do a patchwork type one either... it would have still been too busy.
I also wanted to keep using my existing linen/pillow accessories.

ABOVE:  I made up HALF the bed, with one new duvet and cover to show you how it will look once I have both duvets on the bed.  I think the white/floral duvet cover is just darling.
And of course, it goes with what I already have.
Winning.
Today?
I am definitely getting into Crabby Quarters and working on those 12 runners.  Quilting, then binding.  It will take me a few days.


ABOVE:  It's a bit funny eh?  

ONWARD...
1.35 pm.
I decided to come down to the craft room and do my sewing here today. I knew there would be a couple of other ladies here, so thought the company would be nice.


ABOVE : I've quilted and trimmed five runners so far. I'll probably do a couple more before heading home. It's nice and warm down here, but I do miss watching Netflix movies while I'm sewing.
4.30 pm, I came home after quilting 7 runners, so a good effort for the day.  It's bloody cold in my house, so I'm sitting with my heated throw on, watching a Netflix doco.  True crime, which I really enjoy.
Stew and I are going out for dinner, to The Lookout again.  
Right now though, I really should get up and close the curtains and put away my sewing stuff.

8 pm.  Just in from having dinner at The Lookout.  It was freakin' busy, busy, busy.  And live music, which was a bit too loud.  We probably won't go there on a Friday night again.
But the meal was fantastic.

ABOVE: We shared a pizza, though Stew always eats way more than I do.
Then for a change, we ordered a dessert each.

ABOVE: We both had the Apple Crumble with a side of ice cream.  It was delicious.  
I'm now feeling decidedly jaded, and will be having an early night.
Catch ya tomorrow.

6 comments:

  1. OMG that made me laugh. Agree the Kaffe Fassett fabric is too busy. Have fun stitching today

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new duvet cover

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHA. that video was cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kiwionholidays8:26 PM

    You are having really great days getting ahead with your runners
    Good Work and no two the same
    Loving it,

    Nice to go out for Dinner at the end of the week aye?

    We had apple crumble for dessert tonight as well !,
    I buy the Nannas frozen ones$5 at Supermarket here, (I cheat nowadays) lol and we do it in the Microwave then add cream or Icecream

    Had Chilli Con Carne to start just to warm us up ,,
    Enjoy your relaxing evening now,,

    Cheers 🥂

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a good day, with good food.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous11:59 PM

    No wonder people in NZ are so fat. Just look at the food.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.