Sunday, July 01, 2018

WHAT AM I LOOKING FORWARD TO?

The one thing I am REALLY looking forward to the most with my new car is filling it up with petrol!
I have no idea how much it will cost to fill it?
My Highlander took well over $100 to fill.  And it could chew through all that in about a week to a week and a half, depending on how much running around I did.

So, I'm going to run the Juke down to nearly empty, then fill it up and see just how far it will go on a tank of gas.  

Stew and I enjoyed putting all our 'stuff' into our new cars yesterday.  I trimmed down what was going into my little car for sure! It really doesn't have a lot of storage compared to the Highlander!  But enough for me.

It's got a really good sized storage area under the 'floor' in the boot which surprised me.  But a tiny glove box... so I had to cut down on what I lugged around in the car.  I mean, who needs 12 pens and 4 pencils in their car?  lol  

Stew's car has plenty of storage areas!  Particularly in the 'boot'!  We put the market trestles in it and they fit perfectly!  That's a relief... though I had measured it before we bought it.  But, ya just never know till you put them in the car do ya?

Pretty sure all my market stuff will fit in it.  And my next market is next Sunday!  Man that came around fast.

I've got a couple of Tree Table Runners to finish off, then I should be good to go.

Today?  Not sure yet.  Some housework is a definite.  Maybe a trip into Hamilton for a wander around the mall?  Let's wait and see.


ABOVE:  I had to laugh a little... Stew signed up and bought his new car, without even sitting in it!  I had looked it over and thought it was perfect before hand of course, but not him!  Last week was frantically busy for him, so he didn't get a chance to check it out till yesterday.

Thank goodness he loves it.

Catch ya later.

LOL I forgot 'ONWARD'!  Oh well... too late now.

I didn't get out of bed till 10 am!  Then we went into Hamilton in Stew's car for a ticky tour, and to just get out of the house.

I ended up buying something for MY car:


 ABOVE:  It's just a steering wheel cover!  But It's cute.  Stew looks a bit big for my car!


ABOVE:  Not quite the 'right' shade of red, but it will do.
The steering wheel was super slippery, so needed a cover.

Just got home and had some nice hot chicken soup for lunch.  And now it's raining, which was expected.  Just as well Stew mowed the lawns yesterday afternoon.

If I can be bothered, I will do some sewing later on, but for now, I'm warming up.

And it's the end of the day, and we have been utterly lazy!  Just a lazy Sunday, which was rather nice.  

4 comments:

  1. Jukes are very popular around here. Now I will think of you when I see one......especially a blue one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh yay! Next Sunday I'll probably be heading to rotorua so might swing by the market!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your steering wheel is on the wrong side of the car!I never knew that about New Zealand! I never realized it from any of your other photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I had got a slightly bigger car but mine is cute too lol

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.