Friday, June 15, 2018

ONE MINUTE

ONE MINUTE.  That is how long it took to 'sell' the little pool table!
I listed it on Cambridge Buy, Sell and Swap and it was GONE in less than a minute!
So, all going well it will be picked up this weekend.  Score.
I gave it away FREE.  My good turn for the day.

Then while I was on that website, a couple of bed frames popped up and they looked lovely, so I bought them!




Now I have two lovely frames and can use the mattress that I bought the other day for one, and we have a spare mattress up in the loft for the other one.

ANOTHER SCORE!  We will pick them up on the weekend. 

EXCITING!   I am off to the Doctor this morning.
It is a month since I started doing twice daily blood tests, and she wants to see me numbers.
Let's see what she thinks eh?  *squeals*

After getting home from the Drs, I will let ya know what she said!

I have another FBG walk this afternoon... that will be three in a row!  Rockin' it.

Doctor's visit:  Got there, showed her my record book... with all my AMAZING NUMBERS... and she was gobsmacked!
In fact, she grabbed my book and took off down the corridor to show some of the nurses my results!  She was SUPER impressed, and so happy with me.

I got a hug.  And my blood pressure checked, and it was DOWN to normal too!

So in all, an excellent result.  Now we just have to wait and see what my Hba1c result is next month!

BEST PART OF THE VISIT?


I don't have to do the daily blood tests any more!  I am so damn happy about that.

I DID IT.  No insulin injections for me.  EVER.

Now I am going to have my lunch, then head off for my FBG walk in 1.5 hours.

Sunshine all day... till the walk.  Then it rained.  Well... heavy drizzle really.  Just enough to get wet.  I was struggling with the walk today.  Tired and slow.  There is a walk tomorrow morning that I really want to get done... luckily it's a short one.

Left overs for dinner tonight, so I don't have to cook.  Yaaaa.  
Time to sneak into the sewing room and do some layouts.

Good afternoon here.  I got another Autumn Tree Runner laid out... it's STUNNING!  I will show you tomorrow.

We are picking up the 'new' beds tomorrow midday too.  

My feet are freezing.  I can't seem to get them warm at all.  Frustrating.  

THANK YOU for the lovely comments, I have worked VERY HARD to get such a good result today.  Bring on July the 9th now!  


ABOVE: It's all about TREES this afternoon!  My kitchen bench is PERFECT for laying them out.
I will try and get another one done tonight.  It takes me about an hour to get them 'JUST RIGHT'!  I'm kinda fussy.  *smiles*

FOR MARIA:


ABOVE:  Low fat, almost no sugar ice cream!
We had some with berries.

Winding down for the day, rather tired.  Coronation Street, then bed I think.

33 comments:

  1. Seeing your results might even educate your doctor! Many doctors don't realise the amazing effect of low carb and still recommend around 50g of carb at each meal. Perhaps this might inspire your doctor to recommend this to others... either way, you will impress her!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun stuff today! Love the bed. The doctor had better be impressed with your results. You have been soooo good! And a walk is always a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your dr is amazed by what you have achieved. As a type 2 diabetic since 2003 I am totally impressed.. I will have to wait for the morning here to hear how you got on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hope goes well at doctors Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to hear how impressed your Dr is!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 👍👍👍👍👍

    ReplyDelete
  7. fab day for you all round

    Well done you..

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes! Showed her, showed yourself, and took control back. You have done such a good job. I hope you find a way to celebrate!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. 😙 go you! That's awesome stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done. That is a fabulous result and all your own work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on your determination and success.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wahoo. Fabulous result for you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous3:16 PM

    Awesome work Chris! Fantastic news!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow, just adding my "well done" to everyone else's. Great work! Christy xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous3:55 PM

    Hi Chris, You are doing awesome very inspiring. Can I ask are you having yoghurt still - and does it affect your numbers a lot and which kind in particular you use. As well do you have any sweets at all (like for us sweet tooth - smiles). Are you having mainly the same meals over and over - just would like some tips from someone who knows the struggles in making the change. Congratulations with the walking as well - I have just joined a group as well - you have motivated me - so thanks from Maria - from Australia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maria. I don't have yoghurt right now as it did spike my level a bit... but probably only due to the fruit I added. I have been using Equal and Stevia as sweetners, but prefer Equal. Too much gives me a tummy ache though. So I don't have it often. I literally have NOTHING sweet right now. It's too tempting to overdo it! Same sorts of meals, yes. Meat and veges. Soups. Omelettes. Quiche. Seed loaf instead of bread. Salads and coleslaws. Vege bakes. Everything made from scratch. No processed foods at all. It is hard to begin with, but after a while it gets easier.

      Delete
    2. Anonymous4:52 PM

      Thanks so much Chris - I do like meat and veg no problems there - its those darn sweets - man I just love ice-cream and so was thinking to replace with yoghurt :( . I am going to make your seed loaf - this weekend. I just can't thank you enough for being so honest - because you will be surprised how many of us can so relate to your struggles and its giving me some motivation to step up like you have done and just do it. ha ha we will see how that goes. Thanks a billion Maria - Australia.

      Delete
    3. You can buy Sugar Free ice cream! I found some the other day and will be having some with fruit tonight. I think it's called 'Guilt Free'... but will post a photo of it later on tonight.

      Delete
  16. Well done - now you know why I wanted you to try this. I’m just so happy for you and Stew!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is awesome news. I am so proud of you :-).

    It may be a good idea to do the odd prick test just to keep an eye on it, especially when trying something you haven't before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I will be. No point eating something that MIGHT spike my blood sugar and not checking eh?

      Delete
  18. You’re success is all down to you and your sheer determination. Never get in the way of Chris when she puts her mind to something. Well done and so chuffed for you.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Amazing effort and the numbers prove it. Great great news and it really wasn't that hard.... very proud for you can't wait to see the tree runners. ..

    ReplyDelete
  20. Brilliant - really well done for sticking to it. I’m guessing you have lost weight too - it sounds a real success, so glad it’s working for you.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Well done Chris. You have been very disciplined and the results show that. I need to take a leaf out of your book.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Good on ya Chris! You've done brilliantly, well worth the effort for your fantastic results

    ReplyDelete
  23. Anonymous11:42 PM

    Thanks for the idea - for ice cream - and I got a mention on your blog. Oh gosh I am so chuffed right now. xxx Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congrats on the excellent results. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Well done for a great Dr visit. All your hard work has paid off.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Yeah congrats I'm so proud and happy for you!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.