Monday, June 25, 2018

CAR SHOPPING

I will be spending part of the morning checking out car yards.  Online.

There doesn't seem to be that many in Hamilton, so I'm going to check out some Auckland ones.

LYNDA:  I am looking at Suzuki Swifts as an option, I like the look of them very much.  

 I am wanting an economical vehicle for my run around town car. Anything would be cheaper to run than my Highlander!

For the second car, we are hoping to find a nice station wagon.  So, we have lots of homework and looking around to do.  It might involve a trip up to Auckland in the next week or two I reckon.

After lunch I am going on an FBG walk... so hopefully the weather behaves and it doesn't get rained off.  That annoys the shit outta me!
When I set my mind to going on a walk, I get all pissy when it's cancelled!  And dammit, the forecast isn't looking too good right now.

So, fingers crossed for no rain between 1.30 and 2.30!

I've not done any sewing for a couple of days either, something keeps cropping up to stop me, so maybe if the walk is cancelled I will get into the sewing room?  

But for now... I shall sit down and check out cars online.  Send out some feelers for trade in deals etc.

ONWARD...

First up.  It's freezing, and wet.  The first walk up for today (one I wasn't going to) has been cancelled.  So... not looking good for my walk at 1.30 pm.

Cars.  Starting to get bamboozled with all that's out there.  But it is looking like a trip to Auckland is definitely on the cards.


And that's all for now... I'm off to do some housework and warm up!  Sitting in front of the computer for 2 hours made me even colder, even though I have the heat pump on!

12.10 pm:  Spent the morning looking at the sky... and it started to clear up with blue sky and sunshine... for about an hour.
Now?  Pissing down again.  Grrrr.  Waiting for the call to say the walk is cancelled.  *sigh*

Totally knew it ... the walk was cancelled.  Partly cos of the weather, and partly cos people pulled out.

I went into Hamilton to look at a couple of cars Stew found online.

We MIGHT have found our new cars!  Still have to get all the ducks in a row... but looking good.

These are the sort of cars we have our eyes on:


 ABOVE:  A Suzuki Swift.  It's got a few of the 'whistles and bells' like reversing camera and bluetooth.


ABOVE:  A Mazda Atenza Station Wagon.  This would be used as the 'family wagon' for trips, taking my stuff to market etc.  I would put a roof rack on it too, so we could still use our roof box.

Well... thanks for all the car imput!  We are still in the process of looking, getting prices, and trying to make up our minds on what to get.

The only one we are totally sure on is the Suzuki Swift.  The station wagon is still undecided now.

I got to the point where I was totally over even looking, so for the past couple of hours I've just watched TV and relaxed.

Time to sign off... catch ya tomorrow.

11 comments:

  1. How exciting! Getting a new car! I like Suzukis, you have my blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We got the Sport version because it's got more grunt up hills for when we go away. Also for Stu - he felt the ordinary Suzuki was a little girly for him :) I'm sure for you though that any of the smaller cars will be fine as long as the price is right. I've comfortably carried very tall people in my car, it's pretty roomy for it's size.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh NO. Our decision will be made bearing in mind size, fuel consumption, practicality for our needs, brand (never a FORD), odometer reading AND price.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a Honda Jazz for seven years ( I loved it), a Suzuki swift for seven years,( I did find it a little small) and now I have gone European Renault Captur..( I just didn't like the new Jazz which I really wanted to begin with).probably my last new car until I retire lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:30 AM

    Hi we just bought a new Subaru Outback it is really good...the XV model is also good...I like it that I don't have to climb out of the car or fall in to sit down...lol..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous11:09 AM

    The Subaru post was from me Peta

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a Hyundai i20, it is my second one and I really like it although it is a bit gutless on hills, I would get the sporty model or an i30 (but it is a company car and so I don't get much choice). I really like the wee Suzuki swifts, Mum has one and I drove it when I went to Christchurch to visit. I found it similar to the i20 and I think the i20's are actually a bit cheaper.

    As well as Auckland, check the smaller towns around you (Te Awamutu etc), you might pick up a good bargain there. Having said that, we tend to end up in South Auckland car yards as they are cheaper than North Shore.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice Choices for your new ideas .. colours on each model are good too .. will be keen to see what you guys end up ,,with cos its a tricky process trading two, but we often go back to our 1st choices anyway

    The I30 S/W we found good as a 2nd one for run around economy town shopping like Bunnings, retro etc,, etc,,,

    but every ones family circumstances vary so much,, and SO much to consider.. you 2 will make the right choice I know .. Enjoy and Cheers !!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not the Atenza - it is one of the top 10 most stolen cars in NZ. That is the last bloody thing you need. Swift is okay though :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just what I was going to say Tracy! My daughter had her Atenzs stolen last year.

      Delete
  10. I don’t know about you but I get a bit antsy when I don’t get my sewing fix. I have made 3 pairs of baby pants in the last 2 days and feel much better ��.
    Good luck on the car search, we went through it late last year.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.