Saturday, November 18, 2017

STUNNING! AND HAPPY 16TH BIRTHDAY GRIFFIN

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR GORGEOUS GRIFFIN, 16 today!

Browsing Facebook yesterday, saw this stunning succulent 'fountain'.... just had to share:





ABOVE:  CREDIT:  


A NOT so secret garden

A stunning succulent fountain draped in fairy lights at Longwood Gardens, Kennett Square, Pennsylvania.

Let's talk HEXIE'S!  The reason I have been making so many, like a crazy person, is because they will be my CLASS PROJECTS from now on.  I don't want to be lugging my big machine out and about any more.

It's too heavy.
I don't want to drop/knock or damage it.

So, in class I can just take my 'hexie' bag and sit and do hand stitching.

When I'm at home, I will work on bigger projects, and only do hexie's when I'm sitting in front of the TV, or yakking to friends and family.

With that in mind, I shall be working on finishing off my Christmas bags today and tomorrow, and hand stitching hexie's at night.

At some point we will go out and get a birthday cake for Griffin... cos I simply don't bake!  It's too bloody hot for a start.  

I took the puppies out last night for their first ever foray off the property.
WHAT A MISSION!
For a start, they didn't even want to go out the front door!
And they had on collars and a lead each and OMG... there were freaking out!

It was to be expected, but I didn't expect them to be so petrified!

ABOVE:  After about 5 minutes Marley was happy walking around on the lead.
As for Denim?

Not happening AT ALL.  She refused to move forward at all.  I had to literally DRAG her along... and I couldn't give up because if I had, she would have 'won' and I would have lost the control.

And we all know, I must be in control!  Derrrr.... I mean, I have to be the dominant one over the dogs.  Top dog... yep, that's me.

ANON'S who feel the NEED  to comment on that... YA CAN'T!  I have comment moderation ON, so NO comment will be published before it has been approved by ME.  See... I do have the control!

My blog.  My way.  My rules. 

ONWARD...

 ABOVE:  Coco having to share her Dad's lap.  Don't think she's that thrilled with the idea.

ABOVE:  The Tamahere Market today was PACKED!  So many people, and parking was all up the road, in the surrounding paddocks and just everywhere.  Never seen it that busy.


ABOVE:   A little treat for her on the way home.

We went to the supermarket and got a cake for Griffin... then home for lunch.

After that we went to Mitre 10 and got supplies to put the front fence up again, and the shade sail.

Saw 'free firewood' on the side of the road (builders scraps) so grabbed some for kindling for the brazier.  SCORE.

Now on with the day!

I'm moving stuff... but done for the day.

Griffin is having venison burgers for his birthday dinner, and chocolate cake.  I hope he likes it.  He's a bit crabby right now as I'm moving him out of the front bedroom.
It's not working for me at all.

The first thing visitors see/smell when they enter the house is ... TEENAGE BOY.
He has been getting better with keeping his room tidy, but it's still not how I want it.

So, he's going down the hallway to another room, and the front bedroom is becoming my sewing room again!   I drive myself crazy moving rooms around all the time, but seriously, it can take ages to get things right in a new home.  Right?  And when you have many options, it's even worse!

Stew is making good headway on the front fence and shade sail installation.  It might even be all done by tomorrow night.

Well... a productive day.  And more of the same tomorrow.

Watching Coronation Street ... so will sign off for the day.

19 comments:

  1. Awesome puppies sò cute. I like your idea of a take out ptoject. I should start taki g mine to work for lunchbreak. Good on you for moderating anon. Sorry I had yo have a say. Whoever it is is a vindictive cow and I wish blogs let you report them. Obviously someone who thinks they know you but they don't know white. Love you huys

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:24 AM

    Happy birthday Griffin!!! He seems like such a gentle, handsome boy. It has been amazing seeing him grow up over the years on your blog. Best wishes to him.
    Christine in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday Griffin !! About those puppies, would you consider going to puppy training. You don't want to risk what has happened in the past to both Teddy and Tallulah (didn't both of them have behavioural issues, especially around kids?) Also might be a good way to keep the barking under control without bark collars. Our friend who has a small dog did this and now her dog hardly barks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Griffin, I hope you have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:57 PM

    Happy Birthday Griffin.....oh look a 🐕

    ReplyDelete
  6. Would be worth seeing if the troll that is bothering you from her work computer has rules about internet use at work...would be available on their website! Why should she waste taxpayers time trolling you???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have already checked and it is a dismissable offense to cyber bully/harass anyone according to their work ethics blurb. I don't think I need to do anything, I think she's been suitably scared off now!

      Delete
  7. Anonymous2:32 PM

    After I initially commented I seem to have clicked on the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and now every
    time a comment is added I recieve 4 emails with the same comment.
    Is there a way you are able to remove me from that service?
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday Griffin! Miss muppet sure is a darling with her pony tail and ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous4:53 PM

    Happy 16th Birthday to Griffin. Keera, as usual, looks adorable. And the puppies are just too cute for words. I love the puppy yaps LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. The puppies are so cute

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy birthday Griffen hope u have had an awesom day and even ventured out of your man cave for a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday Griffin, hope you had a great day and enjoyed your chocolate cake!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy birthday to Griffin ☺. Chocolate cake sounds yummy. Great photo of Keera.

    ReplyDelete
  14. 16 wow Hriffin I hope you have had a great birthday today... Cake and burgers yummmm denim and Marley too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oops Griffin I meant.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's not fun teaching puppies to walk! I had someone come in to train my kelpie on a leash and she still doesn't do it right. But tips were:

    1. Use a short leash and keep her right beside you.
    2. Always keep her on your left
    3. Say "Come" when it's time to start walking, then walk briskly a few meters.
    4. Say "stop" and stop
    5. Turn to the right, say "come" and have her walk briskly with you back the other way
    6. Keep doing this. Walk some distance then stop and turn and walk back.

    It actually doesn't take long at all. It serves several purposes. it makes them aware that they're following YOUR lead, it teaches them to obey your commands, and they have to actually be aware of what your'e doing or they're going to get a nasty tug on the lead if they walk ahead. Keep them right beside you.

    Also, if you encounter other dogs or people walking toward you, stop and turn the other walk the other way to distract them.

    Worth a try anyway! xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous2:18 PM

    Denim was so funny!!!! Wish someone had taught our pooch to walk nicely on a lead!! She's OK, but not great :-) :-) :-)

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.