Tuesday, November 14, 2017

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIKE! PATCHWORK IN HAMILTON

TODAY is our youngest son's birthday.  Have an awesome day Mike, we love you and miss you HEAPS.


 ABOVE:  Him and Steve sure inherited Stew's ginger beard!

Another busy day ahead.

First up, I have to drop Keera at Athletic Park for her school Athletics Day. As it's not far from here, I will be walking her there.  I hope she has a neat time.  Bet she will be exhausted when she gets home!

After that, home to pick up the teenagers and go into Hamilton.

They will be spending the morning at The Base while I go to my patchwork class.

After my class I will meet up with them for lunch, then home in time to pick up Keera from the park.

If I'm lucky, Donna will have fabric glue sticks in her shop, as I need some to stick my fabric hexie's on the card hexie's.  I have gone with glueing the fabric on instead of basting stitches,  as it's just so much easier and quicker.

Oh yeah, we might be chopping down a tree soon!  Ironic really, as I put my car under the tree for shade.  But now that we have opted for a shade sail... it's actually in the way!


ABOVE:  Freakin' crap photo!  So, there's three plum trees.  The one nearest to my car might have to come down to make room for the shade sail.
We won't know till we get the shade sail up... which won't be till at least next weekend.  

AND.... that's me for now. I will be back much later on.

ONWARD...

Class today was just so lovely, but sad too.  Everyone is lamenting the closing of the shop, and the day classes.  *sniff*
Many of the ladies won't be going to the evening classes (WHENEVER they start up!), so we are all going to lose touch with each other, and that's just sad.

I have really found that group of women lovely to spend time with.  

I got lot of hexie's cut out today.  And I'm going to keep on cutting out for a while.

At night while watching TV I shall be glueing them to the card.

I DID get a glue stick at Donna's.  She didn't have any of the refills, but while I was there she got a delivery of... REFILLS!  So because I knew I would need a few, I got half of her new shipment.  *smiles*


ABOVE:  I also got a few of her marked down (half price) remnants.  SCORE!  

Lunch with Brylee was nice.  Griffin (bless his lazy arse), stayed home in bed.  I knew he wouldn't be able to get up early.  Like 9 am!

*shaking my head*, that boy needs a bomb up his butt.

I spent the afternoon cooking dinner, and cutting up hexie's.
Get used to the word 'HEXIE'S'... cos I will be using it a lot from now on!

Dinner was a lovely rich mince stew and veges.  Sometimes the simplest meal is the nicest!

Time to sign off for the day, it's been a lovely day.

11 comments:

  1. Have an awesome day all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:07 AM

    Hi

    Maybe you can just prune a few branches back so you can still have the privacy of the tree ? and you might change your mind and then the tree is gone...lol..

    Peta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chris change her mind? :) :) :)

      Delete
    2. Ha ha ha ha ha... you girls know me TOO WELL!!!!

      Delete
  3. My teen never surfaces before 10 am. Never has. Unless she has to be somewhere. Otherwise nope, nope nope!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Teenagers! Making up for keeping us up when they were little lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good thinking. I used heaps of those refills but took me awhile to find the right one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't think I've met yoirvMike but happy birthday all the same. Teenage boys are all the same it seems. Anthony was hopeless to get up in mornings and according to his daughter (10yrs now goodness) still isn't keen to get up in mornings. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. My g/f is into those hexies....you and her would make a great couple, she is as talented as you when it comes to crafts

    ReplyDelete
  8. Belated Happy Birthday to Mike. Can't wait to see the next quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maybe some of the ladies might make up another class? Shame really. What are you making with the hexagon shapes?

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.