Sunday, September 24, 2017

RE-SHUFFLE AND SHELF

Late yesterday afternoon I moved the treadmill's position in the garage and put the exercycle in the spare bedroom so I could get my car back into the garage.

Had to be done ... coming into summer my car would have been a sitting oven for us to get into.  Wasn't going to happen.

It means I'm a bit cramped in the laundry area, but looking at priorities meant the move around was necessary.

If we could have built a carport of course, none of the moving around would have been needed.  Annoying.  Can't wait for our road to be re-zoned.

I mentioned yesterday that I asked Steve to put up a shelf in my sewing room, this is the result:


 ABOVE:  Now my work table is just that, for working on, not for dumping fabric 'in use' on.
So handy dandy.


ABOVE: See that nifty bracket hook thing?  Perfect for hanging stuff off!   I saw them, and just had to get them over 'normal' shelf brackets!  They were not even that much more expensive either.  It was a good shopping trip!  *smiles*

Nice surprise this morning, Kelly and Rena popped in.
Took the opportunity to take a few photos of the grandkids that were here:



 ABOVE:  LOVELY bunch of kids.


ABOVE:  Nice busy household today.

The rest of the day I have spent sewing and being with the family, and also going for a quick drive to re-map one of the FBG's walks... had to include a couple of extended roads.

Bex and I also had a little Tiki Tour around the last section(s) to yet be mapped, St Kilda.  A really lovely new area out south/east of Cambridge.

Dinner tonight was Lamb Shanks roasted in mint sauce and onions, and lots of veges.  Super delicious.

The kids will be heading home to Auckland soon, then it will be chill out time.

12 comments:

  1. I so enjoy reading your posts each morning whilst sat here sipping my coffee. That shelf is almost as stunning as your gorgeous quilts. Happy Sunday to you and yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank the LORD for handy husbands! I am moving my treadmill into the garage Monday~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOOL... I have a handy husband for sure, but this time it was a handy son who did the shelf! Steve is our son, STEW is my hubby. Have fun moving your treadmill.

      Delete
  3. Love that rod on the shelf, I'll have to keep that in mind for when I get my sewing room.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a lovely day surrounded by family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great day and some great photos of the grandchildren.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Noiw do you cook lamb shanks in mint sauce? Sounds delicious. I love your shelf with the rail. You could hang some little bags from it for your scissors and stuff. I need a Steve! Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shanks and onions in roasting dish, pour neat Whittlocks Thick Mint Sauce all over it... sprinkle it with a little salt and SLOW cook it in the oven for 4 hours at least. Thicken at the end.

      Delete
  7. Lovely photos of the grandies. I love the shelf brackets too

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha see the shelf up in record time, did you get around to replacing the toilets? Lovely photos of the grandkids..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Toilets are coming.. takes time to get a plumber here!

      Delete
  9. Beautiful photos of your grandchildren Chris. Have a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.