Tuesday, August 08, 2017

I MIGHT BE CRAZY

I'm working on getting two more dogs. 

We have 'ordered' a puppy from a girl who has a litter on the way, up in Auckland.  Our next dog will be hand picked from that litter, and I will be monitoring the pups as they grow,  so I get the right one this time.  One that is not dominate or aggressive or possesive... I could not bear to make that mistake again. (Tallulah's temperament was NOT ideal)

AND I know the father dog (it's Mac, the father of all our puppies), and we have met the mother dog and her family... her name is Cuba, and she has a really lovely nature.  


I plan on getting two dogs.  One girl and one boy (one Shih Tzu and one Bichon Frise), so I have a breeding pair.  Yep, gunna breed puppies again in about 2 years.  And nope, ain't gunna get them genetically tested either.  


By putting a Shih Tzu with a Bichon Frise, we SHOULD eliminate the short snout issues/breathing issues that CAN crop up very rarely.

Not sure if I shall choose a girl or boy from the Shih Tzu litter due at the end of the month, but once I have chosen, I will be on the look out for a Pure Breed Bichon Frise of the other sex.  Kinda exciting... but scary too.  We will have 3 dogs!  



ABOVE:  This is CUBA, she is the mother dog of our to-be puppy, she's due in a couple of weeks.
I nearly cried when I met her, she looks SO MUCH like Tallulah!

I couldn't get over it, I even called her Tallulah a few times.  But ... moving on, cos there is nothing to gain from regrets in this instance.

Today I'm off into Hamilton for my other Patchwork Class.
Looking forward to it, and I'm probably going to join the group that goes to lunch afterwards too.  Might as well while I'm there eh?
*smiles*

ONWARD...

Patchwork in Hamilton today was excellent.  Lovely bunch of ladies, and I'm even slowly remembering their names.  *smiles*
That's a miracle.  I suck at remembering names.

After class a few of us went to lunch at the Palmers cafe just up the road from the Quilt Studio... very nice and very fast with the service.
Most impressed.

On the way home I literally got slapped with the 'OMG I'm so tired' stick .. I was struggling to stay awake!

Feel like I could go to bed and sleep for a few hours.  So weird.

Can't though as I have to pick up the kids in an hour.

I got another bag 80% made in class... and I took back the giraffe for 'show and tell'.  They were all impressed that I hadn't thrown it in the bin like I had planned to!  lol

Lots of compliments, almost made me want to make another one... NOT!

I'm going to cat nap now till me phone alarm goes off for school pick ups.

Winding up the day... dinner was chicken drumsticks baked in the oven with a Teriyaki marinade, mashed potatoes, caulifower and brocolli with a cheese sauce, red onions and mixed veges.  It was rather yum.

Not much else to report for the day, quiet both here and 'out there' too.

6 comments:

  1. She's a pretty dog! Have fun at patchwork!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bags gosh they are colourful and gorgeous. Puppies OHHHH. More name guessing.. 😀

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum, tea sounds yummy 😀

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh yummm I might do that dinner tomorrow night!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe you are finally getting to the end of looking after Keera and have two older kids who are more independent and you want to get a flock of dogs! You are mad! LOLOLOL! Don't you want to spend some time on your own stuff instead of picking up dog shit!? :D :D :D :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't pick up the shit... Stewy does that for me. YES!!!

      Delete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.