Friday, August 11, 2017

DONE SOMETHING RIGHT

So.... I got a text from my Doctor yesterday with my HBa1c result.


ABOVE:  I was worried that I wouldn't have a drop... but I did!
Not as good as Stew's, but still a drop.
So, onward and downward, I just have to work a bit harder on the food choices long term.

There is NO WAY I want to end up on an insulin pump (which is what she wanted to do with me and Stew!).

Happier thoughts... I've got weigh in at Weight Watchers at lunchtime today.
I THINK I will have a small loss again.
Time will tell.

After the meeting, I am going to grab a few groceries (not a full shop) and come home.

By then it will be time to pick up the kids from school.  

ONWARD...

I hate posting FAT photos of me... but come on... we all know I got fat again!
So.... here's where I'm at:


ABOVE:  Three months.  Last two walking at least 3 times a week.  Something is working... no doubt a combination of being a bit more careful with the food choices, and the walking.
Next photo in November.


ABOVE:  Keera has Mufti Day at school today... so this is what she wanted to wear.  Bloody cute kid.  *smiles*  She sure takes a nicer photo than me! 

AND THE WEIGH IN RESULT IS IN... I lost .700 grams this week.   So I'm happy with that. 😁

What an awesome day it is ... three positives today.  My blood result, my progress photos and a loss again.  Cool eh?  *smiles*

Thanks for all the lovely comments today... I was a bit hesitant to put those photos up... but bit the bullet!  

It's been a busy evening helping sort out a couple of walk routes with 'THE BOSS' lady.  But she got there in the end.

Time to wind down and enjoy the next couple of hours before bedtime.


30 comments:

  1. Congrats on your A1C. That is awesome news and proof of your hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on your improved blood results. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done with your results keep up the good work xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats in the great results mum. Keep up the walking and make good food choices.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That photo comparison is wonderful! What is the actual weight difference? Regarding your HbA1c, if you cut more of the glucose spiking foods you will see a huge difference next time (note I was careful not to suggest you go low carb.. hehe...) Well done, it's exciting isn't it to feel 'on track' again and doing something positive? I'm looking forward to seeing those comparison photos of you melting away.

    I think when you lose the weight this time it will be different - you now realise how easy it is to regain and hopefully changes you make will be permanent. Weight loss is only part of the journey, it's the maintenance when the real struggle begins and I'm sure you can do it. Keep up the great work!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Weight difference is about 5 kilos

      Delete
    2. Well done Chris, you look great and I'm envious of your slim legs and ankles. Lynda, I always love reading your responses. I know you've posted some online articles that you like re: eating and health. Can you please post a link to another as I have to reduce my weight and specifically my cholesterol.... thanks, Christy

      Delete
    3. I find dietdoctor.com is the best place now for everything low carb and sensible! Loads of articles, recipes, movies, medical knowledge, diabetes information and success stories. You may have to pay a monthly fee for additional information but comparatively it's very cheap.

      Delete
  7. I don't comment on here often but I just wanted to tell you that you are doing such a good job!! The photos show a definite difference - the walking is changing your shape (subtle but it's there!) Keep it up and you will get there before you know it.

    Melissa in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent job. You have motivated me to get back into it again. Keep up the good work 😙

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lorraine H10:11 AM

    Well done Chris on the blood test results.Also you can definitely see the difference in the two photo's of you.You are doing well.

    Southgirl x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great blood results and amazing changes in the photos. Well done, girl.

    And wee Keera is just adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow!!! Such a difference in just 3 months!!! The good food choices are helping with the numbers but I reckon the walking is making a huge difference to the shape - you are doing brilliantly :-). Great HBa results too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow what a size difference Chris, the photo really shows it off.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh shit that's a big difference...shit and omg Keera you look gorgeous as always xxx love Mummy
    #jailbird xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Snap....I put comparison pics up too!!
    Well done Chris, sure can see the difference....the photo shows us all!! Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Omg mum you look amazing well done on the big difference

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great results, that photo really shows the difference. Keep on keeping on, you'll really begin to feel the benefits.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow excellent news all round there is a marked difference and in another 3 months more losses and you did you didn't want another summer hot sweaty and uncomfortable well you are doing really well to change that awesome

    ReplyDelete
  19. Massive difference Chris, well done! I must admit it took me a while to work out who the hell Christina is in the text you posted 😂😂😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol... tis my 'proper full name'.

      Delete
  20. Well done Chris. What a difference in 3 months!!! You are doing so well. Very proud of ya.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh love the comparison photo. Just checked back to see your end of day update:) So chuffed for you girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. And - your legs are gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. WTG you're doing awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Anonymous2:43 PM

    congrats on the weight loss & reduction in HBa1c! Your photos are certainly telling the story! Excellent work :-) :-) :-)

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.