Tuesday, August 15, 2017

BUSY, FULL DAY PLANNED

Today is full.

After dropping the kids off at school, I am heading into Hamilton for Patchwork group at Donna's Quilt Studio.

I shall be working on Christmas Bags again.

As soon as that wraps up I will be coming back to Cambridge, grabbing a quick lunch, then I have a Doctor's appointment.

I want to talk to my Doctor about my shin splints, and see if she has any ideas on how to alleviate them.

That appointment should take me up to end of school, so I will be picking up the kids after that  and coming home.

THEN I will need to get dinner sorted for the family.

I won't be having any till after my walk.

Which is planned for 7 pm, and I am leading it again.  This walk has a bit of a hill in it, right at the start too.  I'm feeling more confident about hills now, even though I still hate them, I know I can do them.  Just slowly, one step at a time.

So, that's my day planned out till at least 8.30 pm.  It's not that often I have a day mapped out so much.  But its all good.


ABOVE:  Yesterday's walk photo.   We were giving a cheer to the cows that WERE NO LONGER in the paddock behind us.  We have to try and come up with a different photo for each walk we do... So the caption for this one was :

"To the missing cows by COWley... cheers!,
even though they ended up being steers!"

Robbie, the Shih Tzu/Spaniel cross LOVED his milk!  *smiles*

Right, outta here... stuff to get sorted before I head out the door in a couple of hours.

ONWARD...

1.00 pm:  back from Hamilton... I had a lovely morning at Donna's Quilt Studio.  The class is fairly full, with a few new faces today too.
It's neat chatting with everyone and just sewing in like minded company.  

It's the most dismal day out there, so wet and cold.  I'm hoping like hell it clears up by 7 pm!

Off to the doctors soon...

4.20 pm:  Home finally.  The Doctor remarked on my weight loss like... immediately!  How cool is that.
All good there, she's very happy with my progress.  But damn!  I totally forgot to ask about the shin splints!  How dumb was that.
Oh well... it will have to wait till next time, IF they are still playing up.

Now... sort out dinner for the family before my walk.

Dinner tonight was corn and bacon fritters... Stew and I loved them.  Keera ate them as she had no choice... Brylee and Griffin?  Nah.  They didn't like them.  Can't win them all.

Tonight's walk was a bit longer than the 'norm' at around 5.8 kms.  We were so lucky, it didn't rain and it wasn't too cold either.

Though, now I'm home I'm freezing!

Snuggled up under my blankie, watching a little TV before bed.

7 comments:

  1. Shin splints are much more common when walking on pavement. Walking in grass or dirt is much easier on your feet and legs. Do you have the option of walking in the grass next to a sidewalk or street? Staying off pavement immediately took care of the pain from my shin splints.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately it's not an option right now as it's winter here and the grass verges are wet and muddy, slippery and just not good for walking on.
      I try to walk on the road as asphalt is better than concrete.

      Delete
  2. Do you have a good athletic shoe store? I think you probably need different shoes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I got fitted for my New Balance shoes... I've worn the same brand/style for years and years without any issues till now. I had shin splints about 20 years ago too... that laid me up for a couple of years. I don't want that to happen again.

      Delete
  3. Here are some solutions for the shin splints:
    http://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/well-good/75300066/how-to-handle-shin-splints
    http://www.familydoctor.co.nz/categories/sports-health/shin-splints-a-patients-guide/
    http://www.cambridgefootclinic.co.nz/shin-splints.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tracy, I will check out those links later on tonight... too busy right now. Stupid family needs dinner.

      Delete
  4. Bacon an corn fritters yum. That was nice the doctor noticed go you. What will the group be called soon Ever Shrinking Bottoms ?

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.