Friday, March 31, 2017

GOT THE RIGHT DAY TODAY

Last Friday I took Tallulah to the groomers... but I'd got the wrong day.
So, today is the right day... so off we go again.

Once I've dropped her off, I have about 2 hours to kill, so I'm going out to Whatawhata to visit Sue W.

She's got a fancy new deck to show off... so I'm going to have a gander at it.  I shall have morning tea out there, then go back into Hamilton in time to pick up Tallulah and then come home.

I'm looking forward to some girl time.

It's the last day of March!  I reckon April the Giraffe is holding on until she can have her calf on her Birth Month?  All I know is I'm getting really TIRED of watching her!  It's a bloody obsession I'd rather not have.


ABOVE:  I do love these animals though... almost as much as Rhinos.

Right, I'm off to start the day.  Catch ya later.

ONWARD...

Today's visit to Sue W's home was just lovely.
I wish I could have stayed longer, but I had to get home in time for the kids.

Sue lives out of town, heading towards Raglan, and the tail end of her road is metal.  I've not driven on a metal road in years... I was a bit nervous!  But my car handled it like a true 4 wheeler!  lol

The road was just fine, probably needs some more metal soon though.  



ABOVE:  It is a very pretty drive out there.

Sue's son and husband have just finished building a MASSIVE deck around two sides of the 2nd storey of their home:


ABOVE:  It's an amazing space!  I hope they get heaps of use out of it... and now they can dry washing under it, and not get wet in the spa pool when it rains too.  WIN WIN.


ABOVE:  I knicked this photo off Sue's Facebook... it's a much better one to show off the deck.  Huge eh?

Not long till I have to pick up the kids.  I've got a stress headache hitting... need to take a chill pill.


TWO UPDATES

Everyone is wrung out tonight.   Bit of a shitty afternoon and evening.  Coronation Street tonight ended on a cliff hanger!  Can't wait till tomorrow night to see how it goes!
Off to bed now... hoping for a better day tomorrow.

8 comments:

  1. Have fun with Sue. From the pictures I've seen the deck looks fabulous but the last ones I saw they didn't have the railing done yet. I don't do well with heights, so, of course, I would definitely think I was going to fall off it!!!lol.
    That damn giraffe is driving me crazy, but I keep going back to check!! I heard on an American news show this morning that there is a rumour going around that she really isn't pregnant and they will reveal that on April 1st as an April fools joke!! Oh God, can you imagine, but I do think she's pregnant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is definitely pregnant! I've watched the calf move and kick...DOZENS of times! OMG I bet she waits till April!

      Delete
    2. The deck looks a lot more inviting with the railing!! It is beautiful.

      Delete
  2. You call that road metal? I call it gravel. That's really interesting. Because metal is metal - like steel and iron.... Their deck is really amazing. I bet it add so much to their "outdoor" life, being able to just hang out outside so conveniently. What else? I too am turning in to a skeleton looking at April!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We call it a gravel road too... or metal... don't know why!

      Delete
    2. Why it's called a metal road...
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Road_surface#Gravel_surface
      Now we know :D

      Delete
  3. Wow that is an impressive deck and view... Gravel would be smaller grade metal shingle larger grade? Just a guess. Looking to sun and relaxing weekend down here IF ME WASHING machine hadnt BROKE. Now I have to hand wash and laundromat wash oh joy...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm tired of watching and waiting on that Giraffe. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.