Thursday, October 13, 2016

TAKING THE GRANDMA BACK TO AUCKLAND

Today Keera goes to Kindy, and when we pick her up at 12.20 pm, we are heading off to Auckland.

I've booked my Mum into a motel near to the airport, and first thing on Friday morning she will be picked up by the Shuttle Bus and taken to the airport to catch her flight back to Australia.

If we get time, I  hope to pop in and have a quick visit with Bex and the little boys.


ABOVE:  This is what Mum and I are doing this morning, sorting out a lot of my Mum's photos.  We have stored them for her for years now.
She's finding a few precious ones to take back to Australia with her.

10.37 pm:  Well I'm finally home from Auckland.  It's been a long day ... full of travelling and visiting family.

We visited Bex and the boys and Steve arrived home from work in time to see his Grandma too.

After visiting with them, we went over to Botany to visit Mum's sister Jean and her husband Rainey.  We spent a long time with them, and got a tour of their retirement complex.

It was really lovely.  While there Keera decided she was hungry, so my Aunt gave her a piece of cake, and when Keera finished that my Aunt told her she could get herself another piece off the dish.

So Keera walked over to the table and picked up the entire dish and proceeded to sit down with it, thinking she could eat ALL of the cakes! 

She was a bit disgusted when she was told she could not have all of it!  Very cute and funny.  That wee girl is very entertaining.

After that visit, I took Mum out to the motel, which is near the airport.  Then Keera and I left for home, a good 2 hours later than  we expected.  But all good, we can sleep in tomorrow I'm sure.

6 comments:

  1. How lovely to be able to spend some quality time with your Mum, I am sure she has enjoyed her trip (and had not given you too much of a hard time about being online).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job sweetie - good job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad she got to visit! Hope she has a safe flight home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds as though you had a nice visit with Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol she's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:45 PM

    awwww Keera has been so busy and getting to travel and Grandma and Great Grandma how cool! You will need a break soon you have ben insanely busy of late... And how lovely to have visitors regularly at your new house It's me Blondie

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published once approved by a blog admin. Thank You.